Chapter 5

Iwazumi walked along the street. He glanced, once again, at the sheet of paper in his hand. On it was the address of the therapist he was going to see. Iwaizumi didn't really want to go, but he knew that he would regret it if he didn't. He had also taken his medication that the doctor prescribed him that morning. Everything that the doctors had told him to do, he did. Because what did he know?

Iwaizumi had stayed away from school, too. He sighed just thinking about it. He wasn't exactly sure how many days he had missed, and didn't bother to estimate, but any more and would have to retake his third year.

But the absence of school was also a good thing. Iwaizumi could tell that he was growing out of the feeling that he wanted to be alone. He actually missed his friends. And volleyball. He missed the crowded hallways and the teachers yelling and his classes.

It was sunny again. The warmth of the sun felt good on Iwaizumi's skin. The sky was a clear blue, too. Days like this had always boosted his morale. Luckily, it was spring and this kind of weather would soon be a normalcy. They just had to get through the wind and rain first.

Iwaizumi stopped his daydreaming as he neared a complex of buildings. He walked passed the brick entrance to the property. Every one of the buildings was nearly identical to it's neighbor. Iwaizumi started to scan over each of the buildings looking for a number to match the one written on his paper.

When he looked all the way to the right, he found it. It was a smaller and had a brick exterior. There was a sign bolted next to the two glass doors. Miyagi Therapy Center.

Cautiously, Iwaizumi pushed open one of the doors. He entered a modern styled lobby. There was a reception desk in the very middle of the farthest wall. On either side of it was a hallway, probably leading back to the office rooms. There were potted plants near the corners of the hallways as well. To the right was a seating area facing the wall. A small couch and four chairs, two of them occupied, surrounded a coffee table swarmed with magazines. On the wall was a flatscreen tv. To the left was a cabinet on the ground. There were little pockets filled with pamphlets sitting on top. Above that was a pinboard covered in paper advertisements.

Iwaizumi stared ahead, blankly. Then, a woman at the receptionist desk greeted him.

"Hello!" She said. "Do you have an appointment?"

"Uh, yes. I think," Iwaizumi stammered.

"What's your name?" She asked.

"Iwaizumi Hajime."

The lady typed something into the computer.

"Iwaizumi Hajime. Appointment for one-thirty?"

"Yes."

"Lovely. Have a seat over there," She paused to point at the section of chairs. "And I'll let them know you're here."

"Okay. Thank you."

He turned away and walked towards the seating area. He selected the seat that was farthest from the other patients. They didn't even bother to look up as he sat down.

Iwaizumi scanned over the selection of magazines. He wasn't surprised to see a copy of Monthly Volleyball. Tempted as he was to take a look, he couldn't quite bring himself to do so knowing that Oikawa would probably be in it.

With that thought, a question popped into his head: Would Oikawa remember his volleyball knowledge? Would he still be as great as he was before the accident? Did it--.

"Iwaizumi Hajime?"

Iwaizumi's thoughts were interrupted by his name being called. He looked up to see a woman in the doorway to the hallway on the left. She was a short woman, with tanned skin and blonde hair pulled up into a tight ponytail. Obviously she was foreign. She had on a dark gray suit skirt and a matching blazer. Her blouse was white with a strip of ruffles around the collar. Her black high heels were so tall that Iwaizumi was genuinely surprised that she hadn't broken an ankle yet. She held a clipboard in her hands and she quickly looked at the paper on it again.