Chapter 12

A/N: After many weeks of delay, I present chapter 12. Enjoy!

Thursday, February 3

Iwaizumi walked up to the school. He had his hands in his pockets and his earbuds plugged in, which left him completely unaware of what was about to happen to him. As he walked along, music blaring, someone was following him. They kept a steady pace behind him and looked at their feet. Then, they quickly glanced up at the student and a smile formed on their lips. Iwaizumi's follower quickened their pace until they were directly behind him. They stayed that way, the other person trying their hardest not to get caught in the act. They reached their hands towards the raven and tugged out one earbud.

"I-wa-chan," they said softly in Iwaizumi's ear.

Iwaizumi lept away before turning around to face his attacker. He scowled and glared at them before rolling his eyes.

"Stupid Oikawa," he said before continuing on his way. Oikawa scampered behind him.

"Good morning, Iwa-chan," the brunette greeted.

"Morning."

Still they walked, nearing the school.

"What do you want?" Iwaizumi finally asked.

"Just to walk with my friend. We have a lot to catch up on, Iwa-chan," replied Oikawa matter-of-factly.

"I'm not gonna tell you anything if you keep stalking me with that creepy smile and trying to sneak up on me," Iwaizumi said and dismissed him with the wave of his hands.

"I was not stalking you! I just happened to be walking behind you!" Oikawa defended himself.

"And don't tell me you weren't scared. You jumped like a frightened cat!"

"That doesn't explain your creepy smile."

"My smile isn't creepy! It's normal. I was happy to see you, that's all," Oikawa argued.

"I hope you don't smile on picture day."

"So mean, Iwa-chan!"

<> <> <>

After the first half of the day was over, the two high schoolers joined each other for lunch. They held a mutual agreement to each on the roof. They leaned against the wall, sitting on the sunny side. There was a chill to the air, but it was comfortable enough to sit without a heavy jacket.

The boys sat in comfortable silence as they ate. Iwaizumi was completely consumed in the contents of his lunch. On the adjacent wall sat a couple, their soft whispered could be heard with the occasion giggle.

Oikawa glanced at Iwaizumi nervously. He lightly coughed to break the silence before he spoke.

"Hey, Iwaizumi. About yesterday..."

"What about yesterday?" Iwaizumi asked, his voice muffled by his full mouth.

"Don't talk with your mouth full, first of all," Oikawa scolded him sassily.

"You're one to talk," he scoffed.

"Ugh."

"Likewise."

Oikawa took a moment to roll his eyes. Then, Iwaizumi continued their conversation.

"So what about yesterday?"

"Oh, well, I was just wondering about when you dropped me off at my house."

"What about it? Did I do something wrong?"

"Oh, no. Not wrong, per say..." Oikawa's cheeks heated up.

"Then why..."

Oikawa pointed at his forehead instead of using words. As soon as Iwaizumi realized what Oikawa was talking about he blushed. Then he quickly disconnected their gaze. He covered his face with his hands.