Chapter 1 *

Iwaizumi shuffled under the sheets of his bed. He kept his eyes shut, still half asleep. Curling into a ball, he pulled the sheets over his shoulders. They resisted against the weight of the mattress before slacking from being pulled off the corners of the bed. The fabric slid easily over him, no other body to prevent the motion.
Peeking an eye open, Iwaizumi scanned the area next to him. It was empty; nothing left behind but a wrinkled indent in the covered mattress. He stuck a hand out and ran his hand across it. It was cold. Maybe Oikawa went home, Iwaizumi thought sadly. Most of his time was spent with Iwaizumi, so it was a possibility that he'd taken the opportunity to take a trip home. It wasn't unreasonable that he had.
Iwaizumi snatched the pillow at the head of the bed and drew it to his chest. It smelled like honey and lemon; like Oikawa. He took a deep breath in. His senses filled with the scent, dulling his awareness of what was around him.
Suddenly, in the midst of the silence, Iwaizumi heard the click of the doorknob turning and the slight creaking of the hinges. His head emerged from the pillow towards the entrance to the room. Oikawa stood there, peeking his head through the small opening he had created. Smiling, he stepped into the room and shut the door behind him.
"Morning, Iwa-chan," he said, the pleasant sweetness of his voice filling the room. He closed the gap between them and stood beside the bed.
Iwaizumi loosened his grasp on the pillow and reached up to wrap his arms around the brunette's neck. He pulled Oikawa down with him so that he was lying on his back, his right leg wrapped around the other boy's torso.
He didn't leave me.
Oikawa propped himself up on his hands. He kissed Iwaizumi lightly on the curve of his jawline down to his collarbone. Iwaizumi raked his fingers through his boyfriend's hair. He pulled Oikawa's head away from his chest, replacing it with his own lips. His hands ran over the brunette's broad back, feeling the muscles that rippled underneath his shirt.
Oikawa backed away, leaving Iwaizumi gasping for air.
"Mm, you're being awfully loving this morning, Iwa-chan. What do you want?" Oikawa asked, teasingly.
Iwaizumi stroked the brown strands of his boyfriend's hair, admiring its softness. He pecked Oikawa's lips, each touch spreading little burst of warmth across Iwaizumi's face.
"Let's do something today," Iwaizumi softly said.
"Oh? Tired of sitting in your cave?"
Iwaizumi groaned and pushed Oikawa's face away.
"I just woke up and you've already manage to annoy me," he complained.
"Maybe you'll be less cranky after you've eaten. Come on, I made breakfast."
Oikawa untangled himself from Iwaizumi and stood up. Pulling on his arms, Oikawa forced Iwaizumi to sit upright. The boy followed suit, lazily standing on his own.

They walked down the stairs and into the living room. The curtains on the glass sliding doors were drawn, cool gray light shining through the panes. Trees swayed and clouds drifted with the wind. Iwaizumi knew that it would rain today; another perfect day to remain shut up indoors.
He shuffled towards the kitchen where Oikawa had disappeared to. The brunette was standing near the stove, dishing eggs onto two plates. The ticking of the toaster could be heard in the background. Iwaizumi pulled out a chair and sat, scooting himself closer to the table.
"Do you want coffee or juice?" Oikawa asked.
"I want tea," said Iwaizumi.
"That wasn't an option," Oikawa commented, turning to face him.
"It is an option, but you just didn't offer it," Iwaizumi pointed out, smirking.
Oikawa turned back to face the wall once again. "Smart-ass," he muttered.
He scooped the last of the eggs out of the pan and onto the plate before setting them down on the table.
"Do you really want tea?" he questioned.
"No," Iwaizumi replied. "Juice is fine."
"Juice it is."

Tugging the refrigerator door open, Oikawa pulled out a carton of orange juice. He retrieved two glasses and filled each of them. Returning to the table, he finally sat down. One of the cups was handed to Iwaizumi, which he took gratefully.

He slapped his hands together and said,"Thanks for the food," before beginning to eat.

There was not much conversation between the two as they ate. They sat comfortably at the table until all the food had been consumed. Oikawa gathered the dishes and set them in the sink, reminding himself to wash them later.