Chapter 4

._._._._.

*WARNING*: The first half of this chapter contains suicidal thoughts and/or actions. If this is a trigger or makes you uncomfortable, please STOP HERE. The next chapter will be okay to read without reading this chapter. Thank you.

._._._._.

Iwaizumi climbed out of bed. He made his way to the bathroom and flicked the mirror lights on. He opened the cabinet door and took out a bottle of sleeping pills. He hadn't used them in a long time because Oikawa had always been there. But now he was gone, and Iwaizumi had found another use for them.

Not bothering to get a glass of water, Iwaizumi opened the capsule and poured the pills into his hand. He didn't know how many there were and he didn't care. Placing the open container on the edge of the sink, Iwaizumi started to swallow each of the white tablets. It took him longer to consume them all because Iwaizumi wasn't used to dry swallowing pills.

When he was finished, he took a sat down on the edge of the bathtub. He knew it wouldn't be long before the pills started to take effect on him. After all, that's why he'd gotten them.

The moon could've been full that night. Iwaizumi could never tell. He sat there. Alone in his bathroom, sitting on the edge of the bathtub. The fact that he was alone didn't bother him until he realized how loud the silence was.

Was this really how he wanted to leave? Alone in his bathroom, feeling sorry for himself? Was it all really so bad that he couldn't take it anymore? He as sure other people had endured so much more for much longer than he had. The guilt had started to soak in.

It's not like his mother was dead. Or Oikawa. He was very much alive.

Didn't he want to hear Oikawa's snarky remarks and sarcastic comments? And that stupid grin he plastered on his face around the girls?

He could feel the tears burning the back of his eyes. Why was he stupid enough not to think twice about his actions? He obviously still had some will to live, if he was thinking it over again. But this was what he got for acting on instinct.

He turned on his phone. It didn't really matter than Oikawa didn't remember him. He was still Iwaizumi's best friend. Oikawa would still find a way to save him.

He tapped the call button and brought the phone to his ear. After a couple of rings, Oikawa picked up.

"Hello?" Oikawa asked.

"Oi...kawa," Iwaizumi said.

"Look, you must've heard about the acci--. Wait! I know you! You're that guy from the hospital! I thought you said--."

Iwaizumi cut him off. "Oikawa, I need you," he huffed.

"What's wrong?"

"I think... I'm pretty sure... I must've..."

"Iwaizumi-san? What happened?"

"I overdosed."

"What? You overdosed on what? What happened? How? What were you trying to do?" Oikawa's string of questions blasted in Iwaizumi's ear.

"Pills..." Iwaizumi slurred. "For sleeping."

"Oh, man. What on Earth... You need help! That's what! You should've called an ambulance instead of babbling to me!"

"I wanted to hear... your voice."

Iwaizumi turned his body to face the window. The sun was setting and an orange glow was painted over the area. As he did so, Iwaizumi brushed against the pill container. The capsule tipped over the edge of the sink. It hit the floor, pills spilling everywhere. Iwaizumi watched them roll until the very last one stopped.