epilogue

Nishinoya wasn't surprised when he came from work one night to see his wife already in bed and asleep, but he was surprised by how much he missed her.

Throughout the whole day, whenever he was feeling stressed or bored, he would think of her and how amazing she was.

All he wanted to do was kiss her soft lips and hug her warm body all day everyday, and seeing her pretty sleeping face made Nishinoya feel so lucky that he was able to marry her.

Stripping out of his work clothes and dressing into his nightwear, Nishinoya climbed into bed next to (f/n) and wrapped his arms around her from behind, making him the big spoon and (f/n) the little spoon.

The spiky-haired male then began to pepper the nape of (f/n's) neck with light kisses until he heard her groan from next to him and saw her turn around so she was facing him.

"Noya?" She asked groggily, opening one eye into a squint to see if it really were her husband - although who else would it be?

"Hey, baby," he whispered, nuzzling his face into the crook of (f/n's) neck.

"Noya, what's gotten into you?" She asked, pushing her husband away with a giggle when she felt him kiss her neck softly.

"Nothing," Nishinoya replied, smiling a big, goofy smile at (f/n). "I just really missed you today."

(f/n) gave Nishinoya a questionable look before sighing and saying:

"Ok, what do you want from me?"

And Nishinoya actually looked genuinely surprised when she said that, and the look on his face was enough to make the girl smile.

"I'm being serious, I really missed you!" He exclaimed in defence and (f/n) giggled.

"I know, baby," she cooed, snuggling closer to Nishinoya. "I missed you too."

Nishinoya suddenly pulled (f/n) on-top of him, and when the latter let out a small yelp of surprise, the male grabbed her wrists softly and stroked the palms of her hands lightly, until she pulled her hands away.

"Noya, that tickles," she giggled and all Nishinoya did in response was hum and wrap his arms around her waist again.

"I couldn't stop thinking about how we first met today," Nishinoya said quietly into (f/n's) ear and she hummed lightly.

"Oh really?" She asked in response, resting her head on his chest.

"Yeah," he replied. "It's funny how we started out as just 'mutual friends' and now we're husband and wife."

(f/n) thought about this for a second. It was true that her and Nishinoya started out as mutual friends, and it daunted on her that if he had never added her that one day, then they would've never met. It was kind of scary and it made (f/n) shiver.

"You cold?" Nishinoya asked, rubbing (f/n's) arm, that was prickly with goosebumps, up and down.

(f/n) shook her head, bringing it up to look at her husband. "No, I just got a shiver."

Nishinoya didn't reply; he was too busy staring at (f/n's) pretty fucking face. And when the girl noticed him staring, she got really self-conscious and blushed.

"Don't stare at me, Noya," she mumbled and Nishinoya chuckled lightly.

"I can't help it," he cooed, running the back of his finger down (f/n's) cheek. "You're just so fucking beautiful."

And that only made (f/n) blush deeper, burying her face in the fabric of Nishinoya's t-shirt. But Nishinoya lightly tipped her chin up with his finger and made her look at him.

"I'm so lucky to have you, (f/n)," he whispered before kissing (f/n's) lips softly, something he had been wanting to do all day.

It reminded him of their first kiss in the corridor of the Sendai gymnasium after Karasuno had won the match against Aoba Johsai. The kiss that brought them closer together in every single way and Nishinoya still couldn't stop thanking Sugawara for bringing (f/n) out to Japan just for him, even six years after it happened.

"I love you, I love you, I love you so much," he mumbled against (f/n's) lips over and over again until the two eventfully fell asleep wrapped up in the sheets and eachother's arms.

***

i listened to sweatshirt while writing this chapter and i have no fucking shame whatsoever