m.f.a.t. 21

(f/n) wasn't surprised when she got a letter posted through her door at around half ten that night. She knew they were tickets and she knew there were two. But, what did surprise her was the fact that her mother was being so calm about it.

"You can't stop true love," she would always say with a shrug when her daughter would ask why she wasn't banning her from talking to Nishinoya.

So, the two packed their bags quickly and called it a night at eleven thirty. Despite the fact it was a school day tomorrow, (f/n's) mother said she would call the school first thing in the morning and say that (f/n) fell down the stairs or some shit. (That's literally what she told (f/n) when she asked about school).

Trying to sleep was a nightmare for (f/n). She was feeling all of these different emotions all at the same time.

She was worried about Nishinoya, wondering if he was going to be ok after his outburst. Hopefully Tanaka managed to talk some sense into him without spoiling the team's plan.

She was excited to go to Japan and see Nishinoya for the first time in person. She was going to cheer so loud from the stands that it made everyone else's ears bleed. And once they won the match, she would run out and give Nishinoya the biggest hug ever.

But at the same time, she was scared. She was scared that once Nishinoya saw her, he would come to his senses and dump her. Of course, she wouldn't tell anyone that, but she felt it in her heart, burning like a lit splint.

The thought of finally meeting Nishinoya, of whom she's known for almost half a year, really terrified (f/n), but at least she could say she made the sacrifice to be there for moral support.

***

Nishinoya, on the other hand, was slowly bringing himself back up. Once Tanaka found him outside the Sendai gym, he gave his best friend a little pep talk before Nishinoya agreed to come back inside. The team were waiting literally just by the entrance for their favourite spiky-haired fool and a few of them nearly started crying when he wiped his eyes furiously with his arm and bowed down in apology.

Everyone in the team, even Tsukishima and Kageyama, gave him a pat on the back before they all boarded the coach home.

Nishinoya was kind of regretting his outburst because now he had a cracked phone screen and everyone was being super cautious around him. Tanaka told him he would give him some space on the coach home and Nishinoya nodded in agreement.

From then, the second-year just stared out of the window with red eyes and a broken heart while Tanaka, Daichi, Sugawara and Asahi quietly discussed what to do once (f/n) was in Japan.

They all just hoped that it would cheer Nishinoya up and make him see that nothing's impossible if you just put your mind to it.

***

wtf is going on with this past few chapters, they've been absolute shit

also, thank you guys so much for 1k+ reads; i didn't even expect anyone to read this story so thank you all 💖