m.f.a.t. 23

Karasuno won against Wakunan.

Everyone was super pumped for their match against Aoba Johsai but everyone was also super nervous. Sugawara especially.

Glancing at the clock, he waited until he heard a car horn from outside.

"I'll be right back, guys," he quickly announced before running out to the entrance where the taxi was waiting.

"Is Suga ok? He seems on edge," Nishinoya asked, raising an eyebrow at his senpai.

"He's fine," Daichi reassured, slapping Nishinoya on the back. "Everyone's on edge; we are about to go up against a powerhouse school after all."

Nishinoya nodded, giving Daichi a small smile before going over to Hinata and getting him fired up for the match.

Meanwhile, outside the gym, Sugawara was busy pushing (f/n) around to the back entrance, making sure she went unnoticed by anyone - especially Nishinoya.

"Ok, we're playing Aoba Johsai next in gymnasium three. Make sure he doesn't see you until after the match, even though I'm sure that won't be a problem because he gets really focused during matches," Sugawara explained, (f/n) nodding the whole time.

"Great, perfect, amazing," the third-year vented, smiling sweetly at (f/n). "Right, I have to go now but good luck."

(f/n) nodded. "You too."

And just like that, he was gone. (f/n) found herself alone in the corridor if the gym, her heart beating so loud she could feel it throbbing down to her toes.

Her hands were shaking with nervous excitement and her breaths were irregular, but she was ready. Holy hell, she was ready.

Glancing at the clock, (f/n) took a deep breath before heading to gymnasium three and sneaking up to the stands.

"Oh, hello there!" A small, blonde girl with cute hair bobbles holding the side of her hair up smiled at (f/n).

"Oh, h-hi," she replied nervously, giving the girl a small smile. "I'm (f/n) (l/n)."

The girl gasped loudly, slightly startling (f/n).

"You're Nishinoya-senpai's girlfriend!" She squealed and (f/n) nodded.

"Yeah, I'm here to surprise him after the Aoba Johsai match, so could you not-" she started but the girl cut her off.

"My lips are sealed!" She nodded, holding her hand out for (f/n) to shake. "I'm Yachi Hitoka."

(f/n) smiled and shook her hand politely before pulling away.

"Nishinoya's right down there, it looks like he's on the court right now," Yachi stated, pointing to the boy in the orange kit.

(f/n's) eyes widened as she looked down to where Yachi pointed, immediately noticing Nishinoya. God, he was even more beautiful in real life.

He looked so majestic on the court, diving forward to receive the balls and using his amazing skills to set the ball to the ace, scoring endless points. He was just so perfect.

***

Well into the third set, (f/n) saw something that made her fall in love with Nishinoya all over again.

It was Aoba Johsai's set point and they looked like they were just about to hit an amazing last point. The tension was unbelievable as the powerful ace jumped up to spike the ball, managing to get the ball past the blockers and into the court.

Nishinoya was right there, but his arms were too short to save the ball. Even if he dived, he still wouldn't have made it. Everyone thought it was the end then but, all of a sudden, Nishinoya stuck his leg out and squatted to hit the ball, and it made such beautiful contact with his foot sending the ball back into the air.

(f/n) watched in awe, Nishinoya's formation absolutely beautiful as he looked up, his astonishing brown eyes watching as the ball flew over to the team's setter.

The whole gymnasium erupted into a fit of cheers as Karasuno's #10 spiked the ball over the net, it hitting the other side with such a satisfying sound.

(f/n) felt so proud at that moment, and she even felt tears in her eyes when she saw Nishinoya's little face.

***

TODAY 5:55pm

Me
(f/n)-CHAN! WE WON! WE WON AGAINST AOBA JOHSAI AND I SAVED THE BALL WITH MY FOOT! mY fuCKiGN FOoT!!!

(f/n)-chan
YAY!! WELL DONE OMG!!

Me
now just one more game and then we go to NATIONALS! you'll get to see me on TV, (f/n)-chan! hOW COOL IS thAT??

(f/n)-chan
that's amazing, noya, but turn around...😉

Nishinoya raised an eyebrow, pausing in walking with the team to turn around just like (f/n) had told him to.

And that was when he saw her.

***

i know, i know, i know. i know noya doesn't save the ball with his foot in the second seijoh match but i really wanted to use it because holy hell it was beautiful