Training

" Let me introduce you to the districts." Haymitch said.

He pointed over to the most dangerous looking people that Rose had ever seen.

" Over there is Kate Saunders and Michael Evans from district 1. They're known for scaring people to death, but they're actually harmless.

" Over here is Sabrina Lerk and Cameron Star from district 2. They're professional knife throwers."

Rose knew they were dangerous. Everyone was older than her, even Jack. He was 13.

" There's Jakob Maker and Valery Martin from district 3. They're bow and arrow pros.

" Over at the shooting range, they are Miyah Lew and Andrew Owl from district 4. They're just dangerous."

They all were.

" Over near the fire making station, Meghan Campbell and Eric Lartin from district 5. They can make fires like you've never seen."

" District 6, Jen and Jim Calk. They're brother and sister, they call themselves J&J."

" District 7, Bea Ume and Josh Cave.

" District 8, Rowan Carp and Liam Cat."

There were some weird names.

" District 9," Haymitch paused. " Ariana Songs and Taylor Moon."

" Why the pause?" Jack asked.

" Oh, you'll see in the games."

" District 10, Marin Miso and Calvin Peace.

" District 11, Flair Fae and Mech Tar."

" What kind of names are these?" Rose asked. Haymitch shook his shoulders.

" And district 12, Melissa Walker and Selena Hale."

" That's a lot of people." Jack said. Rose nodded.

" But wait... There's supposed to be only 24 of us in the arena." Rose said.

" Yes. And there will be. When two people die, two other people will take their place." Haymitch answered. Rose got the chills thinking about killing people.

It was time to train. Jack headed over to the weight station, Rose went to the bow and arrow station.