Interview with Amelia_Young: The Writer of The Never Lovers of Next Door

Start from the beginning

Random Questions

17.     What is your most embarrassing moment?

When I was talking to my crush and all I could do was stutter and blush. Looking back on it, I feel like a complete idiot.

18.      Ever get so drunk you don't remember the entire night?

I don’t drink, but I do get high off caffeine…

19.      Have you ever cried over a girl/boy?

Just family and friends, others don’t deserve tears if you don’t really love them.

20.      Favorite Movie?

Finding Nemo will always be the movie dearest to my heart.

22. Any pets?

Do fish count? They're really boring animals, when I first got them at a young age, I used to just watch them and wait for them to escape from the tank to get back to the ocean… didn’t happen though. 

23. Have you ever loved someone?

My family. I'm still young; maybe love isn’t too far away.

24. If you could go to any place right now where would you go and why?

Paris. I've always wanted to go to Paris, and not just because they have a Disneyland there. There’s just something about Paris, that whenever someone mentions it, I always sigh wistfully…

25. Do you still watch cartoons on Saturday mornings?

Duh, Tom and Jerry all the way. Maybe some SpongeBob, if I'm in the mood =P

26. What do you think makes you unique?

My height ;) Not really, the thing that makes me special is that I'm kind to everyone… that may not seem like big thing, but if you’ve talked to the people I have, it makes me a lot different =]

27. What are you afraid of?

I fear, fear itself… well that and a whole bunch of things ;)

28. Are you a giver or a taker?

Definitely a giver… except on my birthdays.

29. If you were stuck on a desert island, what would you bring with you? Or who?

Maybe a way of transportation to get me off the island and back home… I mean how come nobody ever thinks of that one.

30. What is the first thing you would save in a fire?

If my entire family is all out safely, then it’d be money. In today’s world, money can get you pretty far.

31. What did you want to be when you were younger?

Would ‘Princess’ suffice?

To the Fans

32.  What or how did you feel when you got your first fan?

I went crazy! I was grinning all day and when anyone asked me why I was so happy, I just said; somebody actually likes my writing!

33. Does your fans encourage you to write some more?

Yes. As humble as any writer may be, when they say they write for themselves or for a friend, support from a fan can get them a long way.

34. What do you do when someone critics your work?

I always take their words on seriously; I entwine it with my work and try my best to make sure that I see their advice through. If it’s some crappy comment like: your work stinks. I ask them why.

35. How do you deal with fans or readers that make some offensive/bad comments about your book or the way you write?

I’d see if they had a valued reason, if not then I ignore them. If it gets too much (it hasn’t with my, my readers are really supportive and I love them all!) I’d just report them; the button is there for a reason.

36. How do you return the favor when someone fanned you?

I leave a catchy thank you note on their profile, I don’t personalize it, but I do read their profile info and I always try to vote on any story that they may have written, but only if it looks good ;)

37.  What can you say to your fans?

You guys are bloody brilliant! Your support is amazing. Even my readers, who haven’t fanned, you’re pretty damn special too. Thank you very much =]

Advice:

38. What can you tell to those people who are still starting in their first story in Wattpad?

Don't ever give up. Write for you, not anybody else. Keep your grammar and spellings in check. Be as clichéd as you want, every story is. And the last one, when you start Wattpad getting popular is hard, but it doesn’t matter as long as you know that your work is good enough.

39. Any tips that you can share on how you manage your time between writing and in your daily life?

 My use of time is ridiculous, so if you can go to sleep late and wake really early, you have the makings of a writer with time to truly write.

40.  Aside from those questions that are about you, can you tell more about yourself that you can share to your fans?

Not much to me. I'm actually quite a boring person. But if you click on my profile, I have an entire paragraph about me… in fact, here it is:

Movie watcher. Book nerd. Gleek. Pokemon fan. The Simpsons crazy. How i Met Your Mother, The Big Bang Theory and Friends, shows of the century. Youtube, 'nuff said. Caffeine addict. Gamer. Hates sports. More of a tomboy. Dessert chef, at home. Animal lover. Listens to music 24/7. Wishes to work with children when older. Imaginative and spaces out too much. Big time dreamer. Mother of group of friends. Creative. Friendly and kind. Hyper and bubbly. Sarcastic and hot-tempered. Oxymoron? Mature for age. Always has a notepad at hand. Aspiring writer. Fingers crossed for publishing. Internet is life. Loves to learn, like a real nerd and proud of it. Friends and family are precious.

If you managed to read all of that… congratulations!

Last Question:

41. Would you rather be pushed off a cliff to your death or trip off a cliff to your death?

Don't know what sort of question that is, but knowing me and my clumsiness I’d probably trip off a cliff but I’d rather be pushed because then I’d know that my death wasn’t my own fault.

Thanks for interviewing me, it’s an honour because not only is this my first interview but just being interviewed turns me into a writer =P Just thanks again for the opportunity :)

(This interview was conducted by Amber [congbaide on wattpad]) (: