Interview with Thevelvetrose: The Writer of The Horrifying New Start

Name & Age: Currie and I'm 16

When did you start writing? Hmm... I guess I started writing around the age of 10-11 on paper. When I got my laptop, I couldn't stop writing :)

How did you find Wattpad? I ran across it when I was looking for a good book to read. When I found Wattpad, I was surprised. I think I made an account and posted my story that day!

Who is your favourite author? I love Stephenie Meyer (The Host is amazing!) and also Suzanne Collins (The hunger games) I love super long books.

What is your favourite book? That's a tough one... Probably The Hunger Games. I think I didn't sleep or eat for two days... I was addicted,

What is the first book you have ever read? I think the Junie B Jones books.

Where do you get ideas for your stories? I get them randomly. Sometimes I would be watching tv and see something that would inspire me. Whether it was a relationship between friends or some funny line they said. I'd begin to think how I make that one relationship into a book.

If you ever experienced writer's block, how do you get over it? Oh jeez, I get writer's block about once a month and it lasts a while. I normally move onto one of my other stories until I get inspired again. Or I will take a walk with my iPod and listen to music. Drink coffee (yes, inspiring :) or reading can make you want to write as well.

Do you like reading or writing? I love writing, but lately I've been reading a ton.

What's your favourite Wattpad story? The not so secret life of Helena Callahan by Emmiie. I've been addicted to the storyline for a while now :)

Who's your favourite Wattpad writer and why? Either Jadedrein or Emmiie because I love how they create their characters and how they are super friendly to anyone.

Out of all of your stories(if applicable) which one did you enjoy writing the most? Probably It ends here... I think in the end, I had written over 300 pages on it.

Any hints on your upcoming work? I have a few side stories... Of course they aren't exactly... Normal. More sci-fi and some supernatural...

Any tips for those who want to follow in your footsteps? Don't be afraid to post your stories and once you get an idea, write about it. I've had several that were just silly to me. And that's how my five books were formed :)

Do you have anything you would like to say to your fans or anyone reading this? Thank you all so much for supporting my work. If you ever want to start writing, I'd highly suggest it. It's so addictive.

Are any of your characters based on real people? I think I put a little bit of everyone I know in them. Most of the main characters I put a little bit of myself in (like Regan in Terryfying New Start) but mostly I just make them in my head.

Who's your favourite character out of your stories? Probably Jack in Horrifying New Start. I think I fell in love with him in the end if that makes sense.

What is your worst and best writing habit? Wow, I have a lot. I guess editing the mistakes. I tend to rush a lot in my stories because I get eager to get to a big scene.

Who's your inspiration, if you have one? Well, what first got me really to write was Stephenie Meyer.

In the future, will you be looking into maybe getting your work published? If so, which story will it be and why that story in particular? I really hope so. I would love Horrifying New Start to be published one day.

If you had a choice to eat 18 armadillos, would you for a million dollars? Oh gosh. I'm a vegetarian, so this might be tough for me. If they are cooked, I'd probably do it. A million dollars is a lot...

If you had a choice to be pushed off a mountain or trip, which would you choose? Wait, tripping off a mountain or tripping in general? If it's tripping in general, I'd rather have that, but tripping off of a mountain would be so freaking embarrassing...

Thanks for the interview! It was really fun :)

 This interview was conducted by Amber (congbaide on wattpad)