I took a rag and started on the mirror. I wiped a crust of dirt. I could see my blurry reflection for a minute, then a dirty smudge re-appeared again. 

Great. A magical 'Wipe-Hey-wait-Im-still-dirty-HA' mirror. I groaned and rubbed strongly on the mirror and quickly. Come on you bloody mirror... 

A small paper airplane floated in amd landed on Flitwicks desk. He put down his book and opened it. His expression changed ever so slightly and his eye brows joint together in a V. 

"Stay here. Keep working. I shall be right back!" he squeaked and rushed off somewhere. 

As soon as Flitwicks small distanced paces were no longer audible, Scorpius stood up, pulled out a chair and sat back. I placed my hands on my hips indignantly. 

"What do you think your doing?" I emphasised on the 'what'. He looked up (he was fiddling with some hand held device which he pulled from his pocket) and raised an eyebrow.

"And this is your buisness becausee..." he turned back to tapping.  

"Um, I don't know.. Oh wait!" I snapped my fingers,"Maybe, just mayybee its because we are in DETENTION?!" 

He sniggered. "Sure."

I closed my eyes. I must not explode on him, must not explode on him... 

"What is your problem?" I finally asked him. He blinked for a moment. "I mean you stare at me for no reason what so ever and then treat me like.. whatever." 

"Dunno. Why do you hate me?"He asked evenly. Um. Well, because I've never talked to you? Yeah, that's not a valid answer. Because.... Well then. I fell silent. 

"Probably because of our parents. Am I right?" I could smell a faint trace of mint in his breath. Probably. I mean, especially since my Dad always says "Keep away from the Malfoys, they only bring trouble.."

"Maybe. Or maybe it's because I simply don't like you."  I replied evenly.

His eyes flashed. "Why would that be? We never even talked." The back of my neck was becoming sticky. Well at least he tells the truth.

"Well that's true."

"I don't lie." He leaned in, (close enough that my eyes would cross if I looked at his nose) and his eyes softer for a mere moment. Then he rolled his eyes and stomped out the room. 

Needless to say, that moment stayed in my mind for the next few days.

And not just because it was unusual either.

                                                                  ************************

"Aguamenti." A jet of water flew through the air and fell into the lake, causing ripples through the murky water. Lily leaned against the tree boredly flipping her wand in the air. 

"Have you ever asked yourself why our House mascots are muggle animals?" She pushed her hair behind her ear easily. "I mean.. Nothing here is Muggle only that is!"  Roxanne threw a pebble into the water. 

"I. don't know." Her eyes drifted towards the wolds. "Why are we here anyways? I wish I could be like, talking to Roger." Roger was Roxanne's new boyfriend. She lived talking about him. 

I shrugged. I had gotten a note from James saying we should meet. Hugo was mumching on what I thought was a piece of cake and James hadn't arrived. 

"I hope this isn't a joke.." mused Lily. I looked around. We were waiting fifteen minutes and nothing. 

"OIII!" James came to a halt beside me. "'Ello Red."  i think James has called me that since he learned how to talk- never Rose only Red. "Anyways children, me and Fred need minions-" Everyone groaned and started getting up. "I'm kidding! Sit down you muppets!" he pushed his sister down.