{AU} - Stay

Alternative Universe.

Riley's POV

"How can he? How can he, Riley?" Michelle asks me, crying her heart out between my arms while I stroke her hair.

"Shh, Michie, he doesn't deserve your tears." I whisper.

"One whole year thinking that he loved me and he has always thought about another girl!"

"I know, he's stupid. Let's try to relax you, okay?" I ask and she nods, wipping a few tears from her cheeks.

Michelle is my best friend since I met her one year and a few months ago when she arrived to the TNS dance studio. Right now, I'm trying to comfort her because her one year boyfriend broke up with her yesterday. I'm mad at him too, he's a little of a player, but he's also my friend and I didn't expect this from him.

I have met Michelle's boyfriend, now her ex, since I was a child, but when we became teenagers I couldn't deal with him. Michelle arrived at the studio and there were a lot of drama around her, Emily and the E-Girls. However, this guy and I were always supporting her, they started to date some months later and I became good friends with him again. They made a good couple, nobody expected that he broke up with her.

'I want to break up with you. Although I like you, I can't handle anymore the feelings that I have felt for another girl since last year. I'm sorry, Michelle.' He told her. I wasn't supposed to hear but I hid behind the door of the music room.

One thing I know - no matter if he's my close friend or my own brother, he has played with my best friend's feelings. He has made her to believe that he was in love, only wanting to entertain himself from another girl. I'm sure that Emily will help me. I'm sure that I know who she is and I know another person who can help, too.

A few weeks ago I started to hang out with Charlie, a boy from B-Troupe. We aren't dating officially, but something is going on between us. He's a little crazy but he's nice and an amazing musician. And yes, he's the other person who can help me to know if my suspicions are true or not. One of Charlie's closest friend in B-Troupe is Beth. Beth was James's ex, currently Michelle's ex. I'm pretty sure that James can't forget her. If Charlie knows or has seen something, I have my ways to make him to tell me.

A couple of days later, I find some time to meet Charlie in Culture Shock between his and my rehearsals. I ask him about Beth and James and he answers that he hasn't seen nothing unusual or weird, he hasn't seen them in a same room in a while, but he will keep an eye on them.

I come back to rehearsals and tell Emily my talk with Charlie. We started a plan, and we are going to find out who the girl is. After that, in fuction of her feelings, we'll face James in a way or another. I have no idea how we'll get revenge, here Emily is the expert. Michelle knows that we are going to do something but she has no idea of what, we'll tell her when we know exactly how to act. She still feels very bad.

James must have noticing something. Except for rehearsals, each time that he sees me, he avoids me. He must have guessed that we are against him, or maybe Em has asked things to her boyfriend Eldon and Eldon has told James. Anyway, he doesn't look like his usual self. He's always joking, he joked with me all the time, but since the break-up he looks really depressed. Has her dreamt girl rejected him or what?

A few days later, just a week after the break-up, we still haven't found out anything. James still looks so sad. Michelle is still bad, but she really wants to move on. The ones who know something are Eldon and West. Maybe they don't know exactly what happens with James, but definitly they know more than us. Emily has noticed that her boyfriend is hidding something about James.