Way back down

Chapter 17, Season 2.

James's POV
Today, I wanted to walk Riley to home but she didn't let me. I have mixed feelings right now... After our breakup, losing our duet and all our fights, at least Riley didn't yell at me today. We could have a little talk, and I could find that she miss me, but she's too stubborn to admit it.

The truth is that this is being an awful week. Beth has called me like 20 times for going out to dinner but all I want tonight is to spend time alone.

All I want to do is listening to cheesy and romantic songs. It's the first time that a girl breaks my heart, although I have broken hers first... This kind of songs remind me to her.

I am searching music playlists on YouTube and I put on pop songs. I prefer rap, pop is Riley's style, but after almost a year dating, we both listen the same kind of music.

The songs are sounding on my laptop while I am doing another things in my room. But suddenly, a song that I know very well starts to sound, and I stare at the videoclip.

Can we get right back
To where we started from
When we were just hanging out
At your parents house, well
When it's all said and done
I know your the one

I see Riley sitting on my lap and we dancing our duet. We can't win Nationals with that duet, but it follows being my favourite.

I'll be,
Be hanging onto every word you say
It's my way back down
And I'll be waiting just to reach you everyday
On my way back down to you, to you
Can we get right back
To where we started from

'Way back down', by Brighter Brightest. I can't help but smile because of the good memories that are coming to my mind right now. When we recorded that video, I wanted so bad to spend time with Riley, I wanted so bad to be with her... But she didn't deal with me, well, only somedays when she was in a good mood.

Right now it's the same. She hardly talks to me and I really want to be with her. It upsets me that she didn't even try it, I can't do it alone.

I play the video again and a lot of feelings invade me. I liked her as any girl before. I know she liked me the same way. And I know we still do. I want to be with her again, and no matter what, I'll do.

I catch my phone and search the same video, so I can copy the url and... Send it to Riley. She reads it but doesn't answer untill a long, long time. I receive the answer when I am ready to sleep, I didn't expect that she is still awake.

Sorry for not answering. Tears made it difficult. - Riley
Night James - Riley

Rest Ri - Me

Knowing that Riley has been crying hurts me a little.

I'm glad to have sent it because of what happened the following day.

Riley's POV
I had took a shower and got in my bedroom when I received a message. It was James's. I clicked in the link and there it was, Brighter Brightest's video.

I was smiling but tears didn't stop to fall over my face. All the memoies returning to my mind - how James always tried flirting with me, all the time we spent together and the things that wouldn't have been possible without him, like that video. I fell in love without knowing it.

I always have been afraid to be hurt, that's why it was difficult for me to start a relationship. But James got that I trust him like I have never trusted anyone. But finally, of course, he hurt me. I knew that with Beth around us, something bad would happen.

I would go back with James, but it seems to be too painful. I know it's painful for him too, and after all, he doesn't deserve that pain. I think I should try to be nicer, at least we would try a friendship.

I am rehearsing my solo against Amanda when I see James staring at me. I think that all the feelings from last night are the reason why I want him to stay.

"You're good." He says, walking towards me.

"Thank you. It still need a bit of work." I say, afraid.

"Nah, you're perfect."

"What?"

"T-The-The dance, the dance is perfect."

I don't know how I feel after this conversation but now I have something more important to do. I ask James not to come to my audition. I tell him that I am nervous, but the truth is that he would spoil our plan against Amanda because he would facing Emily for me.

In the afternoon I feel bad for not allowing him to see me dancing, and I miss him. I want to see him, now that we have started some kind of frienship.

I walk to Parkour Ally and there he is with Beth and another guys.

"Hey, what's up?" He asks surprised. We talk about my solo which I hadn't win, and I was about to leave when he stops me.

"I'm gonna get you back."

"You can't get me back James, it's late for that."

"Yes I can-"

"It's late-"

"Riley, I messed up. I'm sorry. I wanna get you back."

He wants me back.
Our way back down.

Sorry for this chapter, but I had already it written and I haven't had ideas for a new one. Hope it was not too bad! :)