The best of the worst

Chapter 5, Season 3.

Riley's POV
I can't sleep tonight. I feel all the pain inside my chest, and it is killing me. If I close my eyes, all the things that have taken place today appear as a nightmare.

I was dancing with all my soul against the person who I love, and it hurt a lot. But James and I had a promise. A promise which he broke, and now I will never know what hurts the most - he dancing against me or he giving up.

James is such a good dancer. I'm very good too and I know that, but would I win? Anyway, winning or lossing didn't upset me. James broke our promise. Why did he do that? Does he think that I'm weak? Or does he think that I couldn't win? It breaks my heart that he thinks so about me...

James's POV
The last time that I cried I was about 12, I think. I'm not crying literally, but I feel tears on my eyes. This will be a long, long night.

I can't compete against my love, I can't do that. Fuck the competition, it didn't matter anymore. I knew exactly what I went to do - giving up. The whole situation was hurting me a lot, but I couldn't allow that it hurt her too.

After all, Riley was mad at me because of that stupid promise. I was trying not breaking our relationship, and it's falling apart anyway. What more am I supposed to do? Our breakup because of the Beth's thing wasn't so painful as this situation.

One message took me from my thoughts. It was pretty late for someone texting...

"You don't know how thankful I am right now. My sister can't see the point, only give her time to understand. Thanks for all James xx - Emily"

I didn't answer, although that meant a lot for me. I know that after all this time, she likes my relationship with her sister.

Next day, after only a few hours of sleeping, I spent the morning with my boys. That was our last dance together, and it helped me a lot to disconect.

Riley's POV
I have arrived at the studio today and I know that James has been here since early with the boys. I really don't know what I'm going to say to him if we meet, so I want to avoid Studio A until rehearsals. I see Eldon alone, and I feel as sitting next to him.

Eldon can feel the pain of losing members and it's good talking about this with him, I don't know why.

"Maybe James has made you a favour." He said in the middle of our conversation. And I got it. I finally got it. How could I be so silly? I need to see James, I have to go to the music room.

James's POV
I'm playing the drums when I see Riley enters. I need to talk to her. I tried to talk yesterday before going back home, but she didn't understand yet. I don't want to lose her again. I have to tell her why I did it.

"Can we talk?" She asks. I stand up quickly, I don't know what is on her mind. I only hope this isn't the end.

"Listen Riley, the only reason why-" I try to explain myself, but she stops me.

"No, no, it's okay. I get it. You did what you did because you was trying to make the best of the bad sittuation." Finally. Thanks, god.

"Aaand..." I smile relieved. She was so stubborn sometimes...

"And you did it because you love me." ...but so so cute!

Riley was worried of what would happening with us now that we weren't together in A-Troupe. That is what she was worried about all the time. I need to promise her that nothing will change, although I really don't know. I only hope that we can face it.

She had rehearsals until night, and I felt a little guilty for not dancing with her. That's why I think it's a good idea to bring her to my home for dinner.

Mum and dad are alone at home since my little sisters are spending the night with friends. What I didn't know was that they are going to spend the night out, too. This night will be very different from the last one...

Before they leave, I make my best dish for me and Riley while she talks with them.

"Riley, honey, how is dance going?" Mum asks. Riley doesn't answer, she only smiles sadly, what my mother understand as a bad. "James told me. You deserve it and he did the correct. Don't even worry about it." She says, imitating me. They both look at me with a now proud smile. I finally feel that I have done the right thing.

"Guys, we leave now." My father says. "Have fun but not much fun." He smirks, and Riley and I blushed because of the meaning of those words. Mum kisses our cheeks before leaving.

Riley and I finish our dinner and I take her to my bedroom. She is staring at my photo with her, although she has seen it a thousand times before.

"Baby, all will be alright." I tell her, kissing her forehead.

"I'm sorry. I was so upset that... I couldn't get it." She says, frustrated.

"Not your fault." I peck her lips. The night has started.

"James... But... You really don't think I'm weak, do you?" She pulls away slightly, sitting on my bed, with a worried face.

"Riles, please." I lay her on the bed gently, myself over her. "If you were weak, I wouldn't make you what I'm going to do you for the next two hours." I took my shirt off as I see her blushed and bitting her lip...

Author's note
I'm not very sure about this chapter but I enjoyed writting it. I want to know which chapter of this book is your favourite, or what kind would you like reading - funny, mature, dramatic, double couple... Idk, what you suggest.