T H I R T Y: recharged

Murphy removed the gag but kept my hands tied behind my back.

"Murphy, please. We can work something out. I can make sure Bellamy-" I started.

"Shut up, Athena. I'm getting my revenge on Bellamy. He cares about you. A lot. Now tie a noose," Murphy ordered.

"What? Why do I-" I was interrupted by Murphy shooting a gun to the right of me.

"Athena? Athena, are you okay?" Bellamy asked through the talkie.

"If you want them to know you're okay, then do as I say," Murphy sneered and then untied my hands and gave me a longer rope to tie a noose with.

He pressed a button and nodded to give me the okay to talk. "I'm all right. It was a misfire. Don't worry about me, Blake. Just, get the camp back to work. We have more important things to worry about."

"All right, that's long enough. Now, tie those two ends together," he ordered and I obeyed, "Okay, now, get up and toss it over."

I looked up at the ceiling of the dropship and then stood up, tossing the rope made of seatbelts over a pipe. Murphy continued to point the gun at me but this time with a smirk across his face.

"Look, Murphy. I'm sorry that they tried to hang you. I tried to stop it-" I began.

"Save it, Athena. I want you to feel what I felt because you didn't try hard enough. Then, I want you to die and watch Bellamy crumble afterwards," he pointed to the chair I was previously sitting on with his gun, "Move it below the rope and then stand on it," I sighed but obeyed, "Put it around your head."

"Please, Murphy. Just think about this. The Grounders could be-" I was interrupted yet again by Murphy shooting aimlessly.

"Put it over your head," Murphy ordered as he grabbed the other end of the rope.

I placed the rope over my head and around my neck. I stared at Murphy as I finally accepted my fate. Murphy stared back at me as he began to pull the rope, tightening it with every tug. I started to choke and struggled to stand on the chair below me. I tried to place my hands between the rope and my neck but it made no difference. I continued to choke.

He tied the rope to a nearby pole and then began to pace in front of me. "You know, I got to hand it to you, Athena. You've really taken charge and almost everyone looks up to you. You even got Bellamy wrapped around your little finger. But, I know the real you. You didn't try hard enough when they kicked the crate from underneath me."

"Murphy, I'm sorry. I tried, okay? I cut you down as soon as Charlotte admitted-" tears began to flow as he interrupted me.

"You didn't even try to hang Charlotte when she admitted it. You helped her escape, Athena. Your apologies are a little too late now," Murphy said.

"You really think Bellamy would just let you walk out of here?" I asked.

"He would be so depressed about your death that I would have to take charge. Then, when he least expects it, I'll kill him," he responded.

When he mentioned that he would kill Bellamy, my blood began to boil. I tried to kick Murphy but he grabbed the rope and pulled it tighter. In the midst of the craziness, a small voice yelled from underneath the dropship. Murphy looked down at the metal floor and then at me.

"What are you planning, Athena?" he asked as he began to fire his gun at the floor randomly.

His gun then began to release that familiar clicking sound and I took that as my chance to try to escape. I tried to pull the rope off but Murphy heard my struggles and then kicked the chair from underneath me. I instantly started choking and swinging from side to side. I desperately looked for a flat surface with my feet but found none.

I placed my hands between the rope and my neck and Murphy walked up to me, angrily. "Using your hands is a cheat. Mine were bound, remember?" he tried to pull my hands off but I kicked him in the chest as hard as I could.

He fell to the ground but then quickly got up and grabbed his gun. He then proceeded to beat me with it but stopped suddenly. I couldn't fight anymore as my airways began to close. Murphy had disappeared and my vision was slowly turning black.

Then, it felt like I was recharged. The dark, black color was then replaced with the friendly, but worried, faces of Octavia, Bellamy, and Jasper. Octavia pulled the rope off of my neck as Bellamy began shouting for Murphy. Bellamy climbed up the ladder and tried to open the hatch but it was locked.

There was silence on Murphy's side before a large explosion sounded. Bellamy then was able to open the hatch and climbed onto the level. Jasper, Octavia and I climbed up after him. On one side of the wall, there was a large hole and the smell of burnt metal filled the air. Through the hole, Murphy could be seen running away from the camp.

Murphy stopped for a second and faced the dropship. I held out my middle finger at Murphy.

"Fuck you!" I yelled as loudly as I could.

I could see him smirk and then he turned around and ran away.