Family

"Please your majesty, let me rear that child as my own, since we were close as siblings." I begged kneeling infront of Hong Yan.
"No need to kneel, I was going to anyways love." He said taking my hands and lifted me up in his embrace, if he looked me in the eyes just now he would see guilt as plain as day but all he did was rub my back in a comforting manner which only served as an amplifier to my guilt. And he stayed in bed with me the whole day just comforting me while I layed dully om his chest while he abandoned his morning court (早朝 Zhao Chao). Then in the evening when I finally decided to be productive when Di Lian began to brush my tresses she had found, one strand of hair grey, she tried to hide it but I saw. I knew that the stress was getting to me. During those day my skin became an ickly pale sheet white, my lips and cheek lost color no matter how many bowls of blood bird's nest his majesty had sent my way. He even sent his own personal royal physicians to check on me, they didn't discover much abnormalities.
I ended up breaking down, so many have been hurt as a result of this, Hong Yan... I betrayed his love, Harmony...Her life, Hong Er...His trust and Han Ling...His future... Those were my thoughts as I held and played with Han Ling's tiny little fingers. And that and thinking was all I did for the next three days, I neglected hygiene, appearance, food, and only taking an occasional sip of tea. Hong Yan repeatedly sent messager over to request my appearance but I had refused every single time. I couldn't bear to face him, if I did I would surely blurt out the truth.
I can't anymore, I am pulling out. Originally it was for my family, but I learned in the court family doesn't have to revolve around blood. I have found people and thimgs more important than my "family", Hong Yan, Harmony, Han Ling, and Hong Er. Just then Di Lian brought in a letter from my family.
We have agreed for you to switch places with Orchid as his highness has not found out regarding your situation by an indications. It would be good to have one of ours be heir.
Sincerely,
Father
~A/N~
Whom do you want to be the future crown prince
Han Bing or Hong Er