Joor and Dov

'Didn't need me?' Alduin scoffed, folding his arms across his chest. His mother shrugged carelessly and pressed deeper into the maze of tunnels.

Not to say the structure of Labyrinthian wasn't confusing enough on its own, but by the way she would move in one direction seemingly following one path and erratically turn to an entirely different tunnel system Alduin knew his mother was making a point to be sure he wouldn't be able to find his way back out by memory. She wanted him to be as lost as he felt.

"My patience is growing thin. Where are you leading me?"

"To the beginning of anew my son." Alduin sighed agitated by her crypticness.

Finally they came to a stop in a rather small room compared to those they had passed through. There were beds, recently slept in, and a large pit in the center filled with cloth and what appeared to be vibrantly colored rocks. To Alduin they almost looked like...no. They couldn't be what he thought they were. He shook his head and returned his glare to his mother.

"What is this place?" Vulsaqhonvol raised a finger to her lips and gestured for him to follow her beyond the pit. They entered a small ajoining room in which were two figures. Though neither wore the robes of the cult.

One was a tall man with striking red eyes and the same Nordic features and elvish ears as Alduin's human form bore. This man was shorter than Alduin, however no less rugged and with wavy chestnut hair that gave him a more boyish appeal. After close scrutiny Alduin realized the man was like him, dov made joor. 

As soon as he saw him the man frowned suspiciously at Alduin and repositioned himself so he was blocking Alduin from seeing the person behind him clearly.

"Volaan (Intruder)!"

"Be still Mirmulnir." The mother icy stare was enough to give even Alduin pause.

"But he..." the man tried to argue but was cut off.

"Mirmulnir dear," a soft voice called from behind the dov, a delicate hand resting on his shoulder and pulling him back. Mirmulnir shifted to face the owner of the voice bringing the woman into Alduin's view. She looked like an imperial though he didn't recognize her at all. "Listen to the mother. If she's led him here then he must have finally returned to us."

'Returned?' Alduin had no idea what she could have meant but from the look of her flushed skin and delicate stature he knew she was no dov. And yet something about her, the power about her aura, was not quite joor either. Could she be another of his mother's dov turned joor, or was she purhaps a joor imbued with the essence of a dov?

"Alduin meet Leyana," Vulsaqhonvol waved towards the imperial woman who smiled in return. "And Mirmulnir." The man grunted but Alduin made no response to either. His mind was too concerned with making sense of the strange pairing before him.

"What is the purpose of this, mother? I understand the joor agreeing to make themselves dov, but why would dov ever agree to lower themselves to mortals?" Mirmulnir growled and pulled Leyana closer against him, seemingly offended for her by Alduin's isult towards joor even though she herself was unfazed.

"So long as their original bodies remain intact their joor selves can be slain and then I can return their souls to their true form. But Alduin, you are missing the point my Son."

"Enlighten me."

"With this," She waved her hand towards the semi dov semi human couple. "We have produced eggs again."

"You've...you've created egglings?" Alduin gasped as his thoughts flashed to the pit in the room they'd walked through. So those colored stones really were what he'd thought.

"Geh (yes). These couples produce dovah eggs. And once enough have been born we will no longer need vessels for mating pairs we will have female dov again." It wasn't until that moment Alduin noticed the bulge in the stomach of Leyana's dress. She was far within her pregnancy and the child was undoubtedly Mirmulnir by the way he hovered so protectively over her.

For a brief moment Alduin thought of Sizaa, wondering if they could have ever found themselves in such a situation one day had he not broken his promise her. "Sadly, we have not had a successful hatching." His mother pulled him from his guilt ridden thoughts. Leyana ran a hand slowly over her stomach as concern for their unborn child spread across both Mirmulnir and Leyana's gazes.

"We're missing a piece of the puzzle: Unahzaal Toor (unending inferno). The eternal flame through which I was born that ignites every dragon soul." Alduin's eyes widened finally realizing what she wanted from him. "Without it the hatchlings don't have the life force to survive outside of their eggs. And its found only in one place."

"Sovengard."

"And the only portal to there is at-"

"Skuldolfen." The last sanctuary of his strength.

"You see now why I need you my Son. All of the dov need you. You can finally do that which you set out to all those centuries ago."

A/N: GOMENNASAI! I am sooooo sorry for taking so long my Internet was down T.T anywhore hope you guys enjoyed! Until next time <3