Chapter 2

After 20 minutes I finally got to school.
As I walked to my locker everyone in the hall would hit me or say mean things like 'whore, bitch, dumbass, slut etc.' but I'm used to it so it really doesn't bother me anymore.

I opened my locker and took my books out and left to my math class.

•3 hours later•

It was now lunch time, so I went to the cafeteria to buy some food when I smelt something so intoxicating like peppermints, by now my wolf Neiva was howling in happiness, and she started to say something but I couldn't understand what it was so I just ignored her.

As we got closer to the cafeteria the smell got stronger. When I was finally inside Neiva was going crazy.

I bumped into someone and felt sparks, I looked up and was met with the eyes of our soon to be alpha, Alexander Knight. "Mate" was all he said as he looked at me with love in his eyes. Everyone in the cafeteria heard what he had said. Then he finally snapped out of it.

"You have got to be kidding me." Alexander muttered as he looked down at me in disgust, while I just looked down at my shoes too scared to look at him.
Then he said words that no wolf ever wants to hear.
"I, Alexander Lee Knight, reject you, Essie Marie Gonzalez, as my mate".

Everyone in the cafeteria started to laugh. I felt my heart shatter. I looked up at him with tears in my eyes "You're going to regret this." I whispered harshly.

Then I left the cafeteria before anyone could see me cry.
I ran to the pack house and quickly packed all of my stuff in a small suitcase. I pulled the box that I had hidden under my bed that has all of my savings, I quickly counted the stacks of money and in total I had about 4 million dollars.
I grabbed a paper and pen to write a letter.

Dear whoever finds this,

I have ran away, by the time you read this I will be long gone. So don't even bother to look for me.

Dear my wonderful mate,

You have ruined me completely, go fuck yourself, have a nice life, goodbye.

~Essie M. Gonzalez

I put the note on my bed so they could find it easily, then I did a double check to make sure I had everything I needed.
I went outside and started to feel this unbearable pain in my bones, I was shifting for the first time.
After a few minutes of pain and agony, I had shifted completely, I grabbed the suitcase with my mouth and started running in the direction of the city.

2 hours later I got to the city, then I got a cab to the airport.

45 minutes later I got to the airport and I paid the taxi driver.

I've always wanted to go to L.A, one of my uncle's lives there, so I quickly went to buy the ticket for the next flight and I still had time to make a call so I took out a little book that I had written my uncle's number in and called him, after a few rings he picks up "Hello?" "Hey uncle, it's me Essie" I spoke nervously into the phone. "Oh hey Essie, why are you calling? Is something wrong?" I sigh then explain everything to him, he tells me that I can live with him for a while, until I have everything figured out, and I accept so now I'm boarding the plane.

I was exhausted so I went to sleep and hoped that everything would get better.