Shaking my head and getting my head straight, my eyes caught the sight of a stunning blonde sitting on his lap.I couldn't find a ring on either of their fingers so that's when I came to the conclusion that, that was probably his girlfriend. But, judging by the way he continuously stared at me or the man in a suit in front of him, and completely ignored the girl on his lap, I was 93.7% sure that it was not his girlfriend. I mean he paid no attention to her at all.

I'm no one to judge a book by it's cover but he didn't seem like a loyal man, considering he was staring at me while a girl sat in his lap.

Ugh. I hated men like him. I had had a fair share of them back in London and that's when I had lost all hope of finding a decent man. I sort of felt bad for the blonde, she was being completely ignored, I mean she didn't really notice since she was too busy sucking on his neck, but still, I would not want to be in her position.

That's when my obnoxious conscience yelled loud and clear 'Yeah, you would. You'd give up almost everything to be in her position. Getting the chance to sit on the lap of Mr. hunky chunky, there's no way in hell you'd miss that.' I rolled my grey eyes at myself because it was true.

I turned my gaze away from everything else and paid attention to my best friend. "So what do you want to order?" Asked Aria.

"Uh," I murmured, reading through the Italian menu. Did I mention I couldn't read Italian, because I had zero clue of what I was reading. That's when I my eyes caught the sight of the only Italian word I knew, 'gelato.'

"I think I'll just get a gelato," I told Aria, who was too busy reading the Italian menu, since she could actually understand a few words. She had taken Italian in high school for a few years so she knew the basic words, whereas I only knew that one word. Oh and 'ciao!'

"Alright." She said while motioning for the waiter with her hand.

When the waiter arrived, she told him our order: a gelato, panzanella and wine. The waiter nodded and soon left. I had no idea what she ordered but I didn't bother to find out either.

After a while, our food came and we dug in. "After eating, we're only going to one more store and picking the first dress we see okay? Aria, I'm super tired and I need to go home so I could prepare for the interview and then go to sleep soon."

I knew Aria was about to object, but kept her mouth shut and just nodded, she knew that tomorrow was a big day for me and I needed enough time to prepare to calm down my anxiety.

We finished our food and called the waiter over to pay when he told us that it was taken care of by the owner, taking us both my surprise.

"Who's the owner?" Aria asked.

The waiter gave us a sheepish smile and walked away. What the hell?

I called him back after a minute of just staring at Aria who wore the same expression as me, shock and confusion.

"Uh well you can go tell the owner that we appreciate it but we unfortunately cannot accept it. How much was the total? I'll be paying by cash." I gave the waiter a genuine smile to show that I truly did appreciate it.

The waiter seemed a little surprised but nodded anyways, and told us our total. I gave him the money and stood up. We were making our way to the exit when I saw Mr. dark and dangerous get up too.

Wow. While standing, you could see how toned he was. It was clear through his fitted suit. He must've been about 6 feet or maybe 6'1 since I was 5'8 and he only seemed a few inches taller than me. He started talking small but powerful steps towards Aria and I. It was clear he was a man of power by the way he walked, like he owned everything.

Aria was absolutely starstruck. Her eyes wide and mouth open at the sight of him. I felt that too, but luckily I didn't portray it on my face.

"Ciao le signore." He greeted. His voice was deep, smooth and had a little accent. I couldn't identify the accent though.

After a few moments of silence I decided to say, "Uh hello. Ciao le signore to you too." Aria was in no shape to talk, she was still amazed by his beauty. Which was surprising because she wasn't fazed by anyone.

I had no clue what he said, but I was guessing it meant 'hello,' and took the easy way and said both 'hello' and whatever he said. You know, because maybe he didn't speak english. Then, I saw a ghost of a smile appear on his face before he put back on his poker face. I couldn't tell what he was feeling by his facial expressions at all.

"You don't speak Italian I take it." Now it was clear that he had an Italian accent, it was much more pronounced. His voice was definitely hot.

"No, not really." I said quite awkwardly. Ugh, why must hot men always make me a nervous wreck.

"You're british?" He asked noticing my english accent.

"Uh yeah, I recently just moved to New York from England."

"What's your name, tesoro?" He asked in a low voice, it made my insides tingle.

Stranger danger, I thought to myself. I couldn't tell him my real name, he could be a kidnapper or worse, a rapist.

Okay I knew that was all a bit unrealistic, but can you blame a girl for being cautious. I couldn't give out my private information to just anyone, even if it was just my name, I would feel my mum's disappointment all the way from England.

"Uhh chair-" I said looking at the first object I saw, which surprise surprise, was a chair.

I could feel my subconscious roll her eyes. I gave her the finger in my head.

"Chair?" He asked in his deep voice, a little confused.

"Haha yeah, chairrrrrr. chairrrrrrrrity. Charity. That's my name! Charity. Haha. charity." I tried to play it off as if it was the funniest joke. I also tried really heard to stop my finger from twirling my hair, but failed miserably. But he didn't know me, he wouldn't know that I tended to play with my hair when I lied. It was an awful habit. But I couldn't tell anything by his blank face.

He continued to stare at me, with the same intensity. It was like he could see right through me.

A/N

Hope you enjoyed that! I'm a first time writer and this is the first book/story I've ever written so obviously it's not the best, but it would mean so so much to me if you could please vote and comment! I don't have a lot of experience in writing so feedback, criticism, and/or even compliments would be highly appreciated. :)