"Are You Asleep...?"

Niall left later in the afternoon, but not before Calvin and I promised to do a "dirty fanfiction reading" on his channel.

Right now Calvin and I were laying in bed. It was completely dark and silent. 

"Are you asleep?" I heard him whisper.

"No, I haven't even tried" I whispered back, staring at the ceiling. 

He took a deep breath. "Can I talk to you about something...?"

"Yeah, of course. You can always talk to me about anything" I turned over to face him, even though I could barely make out any of his features. 

He hesitated. I rubbed his arm, letting him know that I was there for him, and encouraged him to go on. 

"You know Charlotte? The girl we met on the plane?" he asked me.

I bit my lip and nodded, preparing for the worst news. Was he about to tell me that he was leaving me for her? That he kissed her? Did they hook up in the bathroom while I was sleeping? Or maybe even right next to me?"

"Was that a nod? I can't see you that well" he said.

"Y-yeah, it was a nod" 

"Well I followed her on twitter and stuff, and we exchanged numbers. I really liked her" he said. My breathing picked up and I started to get up.

He grabbed my hand, "NO NOT LIKE THAT! I liked her as a friend and a friend only. She was cool to talk to and shit. But when we were in the car with Niall...I went on her twitter. She was telling people about me being a horrible human being. She said that I was a cunt, a cyberbully and I deserved to die." 

"Why are you getting so worked up about this baby? You get comments like these on a regular basis. I thought you were okay with dealing with shit like that" 

"Yeah, I'm okay with dealing with that. But I trusted her enough to tell her that I was with you...at first I obviously said I was single...but somewhere in the conversation it slipped in and I was okay with it" he said, giving my hand a light squeeze. 

"That's okay. And if she told anyone that's alright too. We had to tell them sooner or later anyways. What's done is done" I said, glad that the news was not what I expected.

"She said I don't deserve you, that you're too pretty for me and that Niall would be so much better for you..."

I burst out laughing, "What happened to LeafyIsHere? Calvin get your shit together. Don't let some dumb bitch's words get the best of you. You know better than to give in. You have to have thick skin to be on the internet."

I turned on the lights to meet Calvin's face. "You're fucking right Easton. What the fuck am I doing with my life? Why did I suddenly became so vulnerable? My dick became hard but I got soft."

"I was going to tell you that you have nothing to worry about when it comes to Niall but this is probably the best thing you have ever said, so I'm going to finish this conversation with that" I snorted.

"Why are you laughing? I said the truth! My dick is hard for you"