Feels Better

37 weeks

Maya told me we were going out today. She planned a whole day together which made me feel good. We haven't hung out much since my child was existing.

She and I are currently in the mall looking eating at one of their shops their. I had a soft pretzel and a hotdog, she was eating a breadstick.

"Okay Riley, I just came up with the best idea." She says.

"What is it peaches?" I ask munching on my hotdog.

"Just come with me." She pulls me from the table and into a small little shop looking thing. I frown when I read the name, it's a hair saloon.

"What are we doing here?" I ask.

"Just trust me sprinkles." She says and makes a deal with the hair lady so we can get in right away.

We both go into chairs and some ladies come towards us for our hair.

"Hey can you blindfold her, I want it to be a surprise." Maya says gesturing towards me. They bid and blindfold me, I am so confused. I hear Maya whisper in their ear for what she wants them to do to us.

---

I'm so scared. I heard a lot of snipping. They unblindfold me and I stare at my reflecting in shock.

They cut my hair into a fricking bob.

"How does it look?" Maya asks and I turn towards her, she has the same exact cut.

"It feels better." I say.

"I thought you might be cooler plus you look hot!"

"Yeah I guess." I say but I still grin.

"Thanks peaches." I say.

"No problem sprinkles."