Shopping

11 weeks

Maya decided it was wiser if she went shopping with me rather then Lucas. I agreed. We are at a small dress store looking for the right one.

Before all of this, I would have immediately found a sparkly pink dress, but now I feel more mature and pink just won't do.

Maya is shopping for her dress too. I see her come out from a rack of dresses with a few items in her hand.

"Okay so I found..." She shows me the first one."this one." It's a black lace dress with a turtle neck neck line. "This one." She shows me the next dress, it's a purple one with light flowers here and there. "Or this one." She brings yet another dress out. It's sky blue with a gem top.

"What do you think." She asks.

"The first one." I say dismissively.

"Okay I'll try this on, oh and I found this one for you." She says tossing me a dress. I catch it and follow her into a dressing room.

----

"How does it look?" Maya asks from the other side of the door.

"Good." I say still staring at my reflection. The dress fit like glove, and it looked good on me. It was red with a high to low skirt and the top had sequins here and there.

"Just let me see already!" Maya shouts and I unlatch the door. Maya is standing in her black lace dress that fits her like a glove too.

"Wow, you look great." We say at the same time.

"Thanks." Again we are synchronized.

"Now let's rock this dance."  Maya say grinning and I nod.