Cravings

10 weeks

I'm still getting sick in the morning, but thankfully it's never as bad as the first week.

My little bump comforts me in public. I can see everyone's eyes on me. It wasn't obvious but rumors started about my belly. I hate drama.

Lucas promised he would get a job and I promised the same to him, which is why I'm sitting at the kitchen table looking for jobs.

I only find a few that could work if they allow a pregnant teenager to work there.

There was one at a bakery, a bookstore, and a pet shop looking for workers. They only have the phone number and email without any other information. I ignore the pet shop job, even though I love pets it would be hard as a pregnant lady.

I pick up our kitchen phone and dial in the number. I called both jobs and they both did the informal interview over the phone. They said they would call me back by Friday so I still have a while of jobless time.

As the baby grows I get more tired and tired. I know I will just be exhausted by the time the 9 months are up.

My stomach reminds me yet again that I have to eat, it's not like I haven't been eating, I'm just hungry every five minutes.

I look in the fridge and pick out blueberry jam, pickles, and tortilla shells. Man does that sound good right now. My stomach just wants food.

I open up the can of ham and spread it all over the tortilla she'll then place pickle slices here and there.

I'm almost drooling over his food as I bring it into my room.

I grab the pregnancy book the doctor gave me and balance the plate and the book in one hand as I grab a blanket.

It's difficult but I manage to draw the blanket let me, set the plate done on my lap, and manage to avoid food from getting on my book.

I start munching away and reading comfortable in my spot.

The window is thrown open and in steps Maya, startling my peaceful state.

"Hey." I say.

"Whoa there sprinkles what do you got." She marches over to me, inspecting the food on my plate.

"Blueberry jam on a tortilla shells with pickles? Yuck." She steps away from me wrinkling her noise.

"It's good." I say glaring at her.

"Fine fine, read your book with your weird craving food go ahead." She scoffs and sits down.

"What do you want?" I ask setting the book down.

"You, Lucas, dance, Friday night at 7." She leaves my room for me to stare at the spot where she was letting her words sink in.

A dance??