Chapter 8: Newcomer

-Reyna-

I had just walked to the east wall to relax when I noticed a new girl here. Ah hell, I knew who she was. Walking up to her I said, "Courtney, so Nyx sent you here too." I smiled happily. Courtney looked at me, she was of course wearing her shadowhunter cosplay outfit. If you don't know what a shadowhunter is then you mundane better read the mortal instruments. It's worth it.
"No, Jace sent me." Courtney said sassily and gave me a hug. I smiled at her, I knew who she was because she was my sister, older by one year. "Nyx sent me because she wanted to make sure you had one family member left. Our parents are dead sadly. Car crash, I was in it but Nyx managed to Bring me here in the nick of time." She explained as a few tears came down. I pulled her into a tight hug and comforted her. "It'll be fine. Aphrodite and Zoey know the truth. And my best friend Alex is here." I said.
"Who's Alex?" Courtney asked with a curious expression. I chuckled and gave her a reply. "My friend I talk to a lot. She likes girls and I've always been there to support her. She also loves Neferet from the house of night and she and I used to write fanfiction together. In one of them Zoey falls in love with Neferet." I giggled. Courtney looked at me like I was crazy.
"Has Alex read past book 2? I hate Neferet, she killed jack and Erin! She's a fucking evil bitch." She said shaking her head. I nodded in silent agreement.
"Yeah, she is a little crazy for Neferet. I don't understand what she sees in her. Alex is wanting to redeem Neferet. Waste of time as far as I'm concerned. How about you go meet her? Get to know her." I said with a wide smirk.
"Thanks Emily." She said. I shook my head, "My name is Reyna now." I corrected and wondered off.

After classes ended I followed Neferet to her personal room. I remembered the last lesson. Just talks about what it takes to be a high priestess. Though that memory was blurry, must have been tired.
"I'm ready Neferet." I said with a fake smile which Neferet in return gave me. "Good. You won't remember this. But I've done it before. You will soon break and join me, once I've tortured you enough to break, you'll get all your memories back so all of the torture memories combined will break you." Neferet said with a sly smirk upon her face. Ah hell, I needed to escape. As I turned around a tendril of Darkness wrapped around my throat throwing me back towards Neferet. I screamed in agony as a white bull appeared and more tendrils of Darkness wrapped themselves around me like web around a fly. They had began cutting my skin open and drinking my blood. The pain was agonizing, like I was being torn apart and drained of life. Darkness would bring me to the brink of death then heal me and repeat the process more times then I could count. All I knew was the pain, the never ending pain and suffering. After what felt like forever Neferet said, "possess her for now. Make Reyna make her closest friends hate her." She said and a tendril of Darkness entered through my screaming mouth.

I found Alex in her room talking with her new roommate which happened to be Courtney. I couldn't control myself, it was like I was a puppet controlled by Neferets strings. I punched Alex in the face. "You think I ever liked you Bitch? Think you ever had a real friend who cared? I'm tired of my game. I don't care about you. I am glad Loren raped you. You deserved to be violated. I hope he rapes you all the time." I sneered. Luckily the tendril of Darkness couldn't access all my memories. Only ones close to the surface. I remembered Alex telling me about the rape after telling Aphrodite.
"Reyna? What the hell is wrong with you? You were my best friend. You always seemed to care about me!" Alex said in shock as tears came down her cheeks. Laughing I was forced to say, "You are right. 'Were'. I only pitied you because you were a weak loser. Now that I'm bored of you our friendship is over. I can find much better friends. " I said cruelly.
"By the Angel." Said Courtney. "What the fuck is wrong with you? You aren't acting yourself. Explain." She said. Shoving Courtney out of my way I left the room only to return to Neferets room and be forced into a kneel. Once the tendril of Darkness left my body Neferet lifted my chin up.
"Join me and you'll always have free will like me. Together we can rule as goddesses and have so much power. Now since I know your not ready, it's time to forget." Neferet said as he hand touched my forehead. As the lessons ended I sighed, I was tired of talking about high priestess duties while I knew Neferet was a evil bitch. As I left I thought of what to tell Alex. I needed to do something to help her recover from what Loren did to her.

-Courtney-

Meeting Alex had been so fun. We had so much in common, we loved a lot of the same books. Our only disagreement was on how to handle the Neferet situation. Then my little sister had come in and acted bat shit crazy. Either Neferet did something to her or she was on drugs.
I spoke to Alex. "She doesn't mean a word of it. Someone probably drugged her. It's happened before and she acted crazy." I assured and gave a crying Alex a tight hug. I would be giving Reyna a talk, I needed to find out what was wrong with her before things got worse. Speaking of the devil, here she comes. I watch Alex look up as Reyna came in looking like nothing had happened.

/// I hope you enjoyed. Also Alex and Courtney do not belong to me. They are two of my friends who consented to letting me put them in the fanfic. Sorry if the chapter got a bit dark for you. I'm cruel like that. I like hurting my characters and making them suffer. I hope y'all have a good day. Remember, Darkness doesn't equate to evil just as light doesn't always bring good. Peace out! Xxxxxxx///