Chapter 6: Forgotton

-Aphrodite-

I fucking hate Alex. How dare she humiliate me in front of everyone? I wouldn't be able to bear it if my parents found out. Memories of father whipping me came to mind. No, nobody needs to know that. That information is going to the grave. The door to my room opens and Reyna comes in.
"I'm back from my lessons with Neferet. It was fun, I learned some new things." She said. I didn't feel angry at her even though Neferet had told me she was training Alex, Zoey and Reyna as high priestesses. Apparently she didn't want me to be a high priestess. Little bitch.
"I'm glad you had fun." I replied with a smile. Then Reyna sat in front of me. "I need to be honest with you. I know you can be trusted." Reyna said with a warm smile. What could she have to tell me?
"I know your parents don't care about you. They wanted to send you to a fancy school and are never proud of you, they are the reason you act like a bitch. Plus I knew you were trying to get a blow job from Erik on Zoey's first day." She said. What the fuck? How does she fucking know!
"How do you know this?" I ask her with shock in my eyes. Reyna smiled and explained how she was from a other universe sent by Nyx here to be where she truly belongs. I had a gut feeling from Nyx that this was true.
"This is fucking crazy." I commented. Reyna nodded, "I know it is. It's good things are changing. You were going to do a ritual on Halloween that summoned spirits and you lose control and they almost kill someone. Then Neferet had to kick you from the dark daughters. I don't want you to repeat the same mistakes. You can be yourself with me. I don't hate you." Reyna said and offered her hand. I took it and shook. "Act like myself? You mean like a bitch?" I ask with a smirk. That earned a laugh from Reyna. Then it dawned on me, if she read about me in books then she may know I was whipped. I'll hope the books never revealed that. Nobody needs to know I was physically abused. I have to be better then that, I won't let myself turn into a broken crying girl. I nearly winced remembering how Alex had humiliated me. It had been worse then anyone knew. Her tossing me around had hurt my back, it hurt because my back wasn't healed yet. It had reminded me of the pain my father gave me.
"Maybe your right. Maybe I can be better. How about I start by apologizing to your friends?" I ask.
Reyna took my hand, "By coming with me. Follow your heart, it will give you the words you need. remember, Nyx is here for you. Remember, Love, always love." she said confidently. I nodded and followed Reyna downstairs.
"What are you doing." Erin said. "Holding the hag from hells hand. She has germs" Shaunee finished in unison with her twin.
I sighed looking at the twins, Damien, and Zoey.
"I am here to apologize." I said. Everyone but Reyna snorted.

-Alex-

I was walking to my room when I heard someone behind me. I turned around, it was Neferet. She looked beautiful with her black dress and auburn hair that waved in the wind. Maybe Nyx sent me and Reyna here to redeem her. Neferet always deserved better. I would save her at all costs. Neferet smiled at me and spoke, "Come with me Alex. We should talk." She said warmly. I knew her smiles were fake but I wished they were real. She deserves to feel happiness again. The real Neferet had to be in there somewhere, not the evil Neferet  that had been broken and used. Neferet led me to her office and took her seat. I sat in front of her. 
"What is it Neferet?" I asked with a gentle smile. I pitied Neferet, she deserved so much better. I will be the one to save her, even if it costs my life.
"I heard about your gift from Nyx. I am very proud of you Alex. I find it amusing how you used it on Aphrodite." Neferet replied. I chuckled and said, "The bitch was asking for it..." I began to say but then a feline jumped upon my lap. She was as black as night and had such adorable blue eyes. I had been chosen by this cat.
"Awe, your so cute. I am going to name you Instinct." I said deciding to name her after a team from Pokémon Go. Yes I am a total nerd just like Reyna. Instinct meowed at me and licked my fingers.
Neferet stared at my cat and said, "I sense that she cares very much for you. I'm happy for you Alex." she said.
"Also I need to go. I have lots of work." Neferet said and left the room. I stood up and let Instinct follow me. I sighed, Neferet was probably up to no good, again. I walked out of Neferets office and headed to the east wall. I stared at the healthy tree where Kalona had been freed later on in the books. I used to hate Kalona all because he was a rapist. But I guess even he was able to be redeemed. I felt so sorry for him. I sat on a bench right by the wall and just let myself be lost in thought. I knew there must be a way to redeem Neferet. The one thing the House of Night books taught me was that redemption was available for everyone. If Kalona can be redeemed, so can Neferet. I understand Neferet, after all I had once been touched like she was.
That's when the hand touched my shoulder making me jump. I turned to look at the one who was there. Ah hell, it was him. I wish he were dead, I fucking hate his guts!
"Hello Beautiful." said Loren Blake.