Chapter Ten

The light in my bedroom was too bright. Didn't I close the curtains?

I looked over to my bedside alarm clock and saw it was nearly nine AM. Why the hell hadn't Laney come in to wake me up hours ago?? Wait....Laney wasn't here. Camila was here.

Then it hit me. I had slept with my girlfriend last night.

HOLY SHIT.

I turned my head to the other side of the bed to see Camila. Sleeping peacefully. Completely naked, laying on her back, with the sheets just covering her intimate area. Her face seemed, at peace. I just lay there, admiring her. Not in a creepy way but in a 'I love this girl so fucking much it hurts' kinda way. I think she could sense me starring as she began to shift around and slowly opened her eyes. Those beautiful brown eyes.

"Buenos dias mi amor"

"Fuck that's sexy" I muttered

She closed her eyes with a smile. Turning her body so it was nestled into my own.

"Last night really happened"

"Yeah gorgeous it really did" I said pecking her lips

"It was perfect"

"No regrets?" I voiced my small concern

She leaned in, connecting our lips in a soft kiss filled with reassurance

"No, no regrets baby"

We spent the morning cooking breakfast, snuggling on the sofa and waiting for my dad to drop Lane home. Which all took longer than necessary as we couldn't keep our hands off of each other. By eleven, my daughter was home, quizzing Mila if we had fun without her, hating the thought of missing out on absolutely anything. We both just smiled and told her we missed her and didn't get up to much. She seemed appeased by this and carried on talking to Camila about anything and everything. We never had to talk to Laney about Mila and I's relationship. She just kind of caught on to the fact that for the first time in her short life, I had a girl here, spending time with the both of us.

The day drew on as we all sat on the living room floor, eating a small lunch made by Laney and Mila. Laney was trying to eat a sandwich with one hand whilst simultaneously drawing a portrait of Camila. Said woman was admiring the house. She seemed to really like being here.

"You okay babe?"

"I love this place, it's big but homely as well. It's perfect."

* Flashback*

"LOOK DADDY GRASS"

We were looking around the third house viewing today and I could tell this was the one. Me and Laney were ready to move to the city in time for me to start my new job as a music producer. This was crazy, I only graduated three weeks ago but I received a call asking me if I would be interested in an interview. Of course I jumped at the chance and when I secured the job, I immediately began the house search. Having received a full scholarship to college, the money my parents had saved over the years was set aside for my use afterwards and what better use than buying me and my daughter our first real home, not some cheap one bedroom apartment.

This house was perfect. Not too big, definitely not small though. It was a show home so it was immaculately decorated, it had four bedrooms and more than enough space for us to be comfortable. It was in a nice neighbourhood and looked peaceful. Just the kind of place I want to raise my daughter in. Laney was running around each room shouting out everything she likes which happened to be absolutely everything. I pulled her into my arms raising her above my head as she giggled uncontrollably. The realtor left us in peace after I asked for a few minutes.

"So Laney bug, what'd ya think, is this our home?"

"YES !! It's perfect, it's like a castle and there's grass daddy LOADS OF GRASS"

"You're excited about grass ?" I chuckled hugging her closer as she was still so excited I wouldn't put it past her to try and jump out of my arms.

"we didn't have grass at our old home but grass is here to play on"

I set her down, took her hand and led her to the awaiting realtor, "We'll take it" I smiled while Laney did a small dance to celebrate. The realtor looked ecstatic on the quick sale but how could I not. If my daughter was happy with the god damn grass she would live here and that's that.

End of flashback

"Yeah it is. I love it here too" I agreed whilst shooting the two girls in front of me a smile

"Me too"

Us adults burst out laughing at my little girl, mouth filled with PB&J, adding her two-sense into the conversation.