"Who was he close to?"

Previously:
My eyes dart from side to side before focusing on the moving figure across me. Jongin is aggressively shaking me, his eyes filled with worry and confusion.

"Are you okay?"
He hurriedly asks, pulling me away from the wall with his eyes examining me up and down.

I stay silent for a good ten seconds, trying to grasp what just happened but I realize that it only makes me feel more and more drained off energy.

"Y-yeah"
I lie, quickly mumbling the one worded answer before stepping back, finally regaining full balance and consciousness.

What happened?

***

After coming back to reality, I quickly decide to come up with an excuse and leave Jongin before getting bombarded by more questions.

"Hyo Sonn!"
I can hear Jongin's shaky voice yell at the top of his lungs as I part from him, my back to him.

Thank god that no one else can hear him right now.

I swallow the growing lump in my throat as I speed walk towards the nurse's office, feeling lightheaded and extremely confused.

I can feel beads of sweat run down my throbbing temples as I knock on the door and instantly twist the door knob.

I just need to sleep, I think.

"Can I please rest here? I have a really bad headache"
I beg the short haired woman sitting behind the table.

She looks up to give me a good look without saying a word, her eyes trailing up and down from above her glasses.

"I have free period next"
I bite my lip as I lie, my drained body threatening to collapse any second.

"Don't sleep for too long, girl"
She simply responds, letting out a long sigh before turning her attention back onto the screen of her computer.

A slight smile creeps onto my lips as I bow down and rush towards the back room.

I shut the door behind me and throw myself onto the smoothed out fabric, inhaling deeply.

With my back pressed down onto the soft mattress, I let out a long sigh and press my hand against my heated forehead.

This is the second time that I've blacked out like that.

As numerous questions flood my mind, I try to stay calm and distract myself by fiddling with my fingers but I simply can't stop thinking about it.

Who was she? Why was I hearing her voice? How was I able to listen to her conversation with Jongin?

I'm suddenly pulled out of my thoughts once a cold breeze rushes over me, sending shivers down my spine.

I shoot up into a sitting position on the bed, my eyes widened upon seeing Sehun's still figure.

"What are you doing here?"
He asks the instant that I lay my eyes on him, his eyebrows raised in curiosity as he pushes himself off of the wall.

"I have a question"
I'm quick to reply back, my breath heavily and unsteady as I look at him with desperation.

He raises an eyebrow as he walks towards me, his strong gaze fixated on me.

"More than one, actually"
I correct myself, clearing my throat as I shift in the comfortable bed with my heart pounding right out of my chest.

I don't know if I should be telling him everything, but for some odd reason, I feel comfortable enough to share them with him. Maybe even more comfortable that I am with Jongin.

"W-what is it?"
His unsteady voice makes me pause for a moment as I try to evaluate his unexpected reaction.

I straighten up and sit cross legged once he sits down at the very edge of the bed, a confused facial expression plastered on his fair face.

"Who was Jongin close to, in the past?"
I swallow the growing lump in my throat as I intensely eye him and await for his response with eagerness.

His puzzled facial expression drops and he tilts his head to the side with an uneasy look on his face.

His eyebrows are knitted together, his lips pursed and a hint of blue dissolved into his brown eyes.

Why is he concerned?

"Who was he close to?"
I repeat my question, fiddling with my fingers from nervousness.

His widened eyes are burning holes through my body as he stays silent, as if he is in deep thought.

"Why are you so eager to know? Did something happen?"
His voice is laced with anger and curiosity as he continues to stare deep into my eyes, searching for an answer.

"Can you please answer me?"
I bite my tongue once I realize that I've raised my voice. I shift my gaze else where, feeling embarrassed and rude.

"I don't know who you're talking about"
He lets out a long sigh, crossing his arms over his chest with his eyes still set on me.

"Is she the 'her' that you mentioned before?"
I ask with my eyes fixated on the marble flooring of the room, my mind still flooded with unanswered questions.

From the side of my eye, I catch him immediately shift in his seat, his eyes ripped off of me to look out of the window next to the bed.

Why did he react that way? Why does he look oddly hurt and shocked by my words?

"Stop bombarding me with questions and go to sleep"
He spits as he rises from the bed, stuffing his large hands deep into his pockets as he walks towards the door.

His back is facing me, his arm reaching out for the door knob.

"Sehu-"
I start to speak, immediately feeling regretful for asking him what I asked him, but I'm cut off.

"I said stop"
His voice is laced with anger, as he hisses. He slightly turns his head to look at me and immediately sink deep into the mattress once I see his eyes completely black.

He's definitely furious.

Before I get the chance to apologize, he vanishes through the door and goes into thin air.

Oh Sehun, what are you hiding from me?

***
Why did he react that way?