"You should be glad that I didn't let you die last night"

Hyo Sonn

I wake up, my body extremely sore and stiff as a result of laying across a cold and hard surface. I let out a weak sigh, the sound of singing birds circling in my head. Feeling as if I'm being watched, my eyes popping open and I'm surprised to see Jongin calmly sitting next to me, his strong gaze fixed on me. A soft smile is plastered across his lips, his arms crossed over his chest.

This time, his eyes are a calming shade of green, really suiting his tanned skin.

I jump, letting out a sudden scream of terror from his unexpected company. I can that he is just as startled as I am as he suddenly blinks, sharply turning his face to look away into the distance, maintaining his his calm state. His smile is far gone, his facial expression plain and unimpressed now.

Why is he out in daylight? From the entries, it means that he must be using his energy. But why? Why is he just sitting here when he knows his energy is completely going to waste?

I struggle to sit up, my muscles refusing to work with me. I manage to lean against the wall, my heart beating straight out of my chest.

"W-what are you do-"
I'm cut off before I can finish my sentence.

"You sleep for so damn long"
He says, hint of annoyance in his voice. His eyes are midway closed, his facial expression impatient and unsatisfied.

He reaches into his pocket, pulling out a mobile device. Immediately, I recognize it as mine, my eyes lighting up. He gently puts it on the floor, sliding it across to me. I snatch it off of the ground, happy to reclaim my belonging. Why didn't he give it to me earlier?

"When did you come in?"
I ask, trying not to get myself worked up. This boy is unbearably mean and annoying and I'm not sure how long I can keep up with his terrible attitude. I observe my phone, seeing a big crack at the edge of the screen. I frown, slightly frustrated to get my phone back in such bad condition. However, I can't complain since I still got ahold of it.

He ignores me question, his mouth sealed for the next ten seconds. That is pretty fucking annoying. I find this as an opportunity to ask him about the things I found last night, hoping that he would eliminate some of my unanswered questions.

"I found some papers lying arou-"
I begin speaking, being careful with the words I use as I don't want to infuriate him. His face shoot up towards my direction and he immediately cuts me off.

"Did you touch them?"
He mumbles with a slight worry in his voice. His pupils are dilated and his lips are pursed. Fright is written all over his face and I can't quite understand why. I gulp, nodding my head.

"Yeah, I read through all of them. Wh-"
I reply but once again, he cuts me off.

"Why are you always poking your nose into other people's business?"
He asks, turning his face as his eyes hungrily search around the room. It is as if he is in a hurry to ask me about what I did to them. "Where are they?"

"Relax. I didn't burn them or anything"
I slightly hiss, rolling my eyes at him as his eyes continue to examine the empty room. Feeling annoyed, I decide to straightforwardly ask him about the diary entries. "But what was th-"
I begin speaking, and he sharply turns his face towards me, his facial expression slightly angered.

"God, why are you so damn curious all the time?"
He hisses, his fists tightened. Once his eyes are set on the paper balls, his facial expression slightly softens as a sign of relief. Why do I get the feeling that those letters seemed personal to him?

"I didn't have anything else to do when you flew me down to this locked cell"
I fire back, the tone of my voice slightly annoyed and rude.

"You should be glad that I didn't let you die last night"
He glares at me, and I gulp, feeling embarrassed that he was right. If it weren't for him, I would've been stuck with Sehun now. And god knows how that would go down.

I decide to stay quiet just because I have nothing to say. He sighs as his eyes traveling towards my direction. He pauses, his eyes focused on my neck and I gulp, scared to think that he is going to slash my throat.

He leans towards me in one quick motion and his hand reaches towards my collar. Aggressively grabbed me by the collar, pulling my shirt's collar slightly back with hurry.

I look at him, confusion written all over my face as he eyes the sight of neck with sadness filling his emerald eyes. His ice cold fingers gently brush against my skin, goosebumps forming all over my body.

"What are you doing?"
I ask awkwardly, gulping. Somehow our close contact is getting me flustered and self conscious. Something about his touch felt unexpectedly soothing. With his eyes still examining my neck, his clenches his jaw as a sign of frustration.

"That bitch marked you"
He grits his teeth, his breathing heavy. He bit his lower lip, removing his hand from my neck gently. Something about his soft movements make me worry that he is going to burst out any second.

"What? Marked me?"
I ask, my eyebrows lifted. He slams his back against the wall, causing me to jump. He doesn't even wince, his eyes staring into space.

"Sehun. He marked you"
His voice is soft and quiet, a sense of disappointment in his words. I tilt my head to the side, the words 'marked you' slightly scaring me.

"What does that mean?"
I ask, leaning forward with my eyes fixed on him. He lets out a long sigh, running his elongated fingers through his silky brown hair.

"He is feeding off of your energy"
He mumbles, as if he doesn't want me to fully hear what he is saying. I gasp, my eyes widening from shock. He looks at me, and my his unpleasant facial expression, I can tell that he was expecting me to react the way I did.

"It's all because of never listen to me"
He pushes himself off of the ground, kicking the wall from anger, leaving grey shoe prints everywhere. Why is he getting so worked up when I'm the one that should be freaking out?

"So.. What's going to happen to me?"
I ask as I look up at him, innocence filling my voice. He pauses, turning to face me, his eyes glossy and watery. His nose is a light shade of pink, his lips quivering. My lips slightly part from shock, hot tears bursting out from his eyes and down his cheeks. He immediately turns his back towards me, avoiding eye contact with me.

Seeing the powerful and emotionless Jongin cry right before me makes me completely forget about my question. Right now, all my attention is on this broken boy. Even though he is trying to be to as silent as possible, I can still hear his faint sobs.

Why is this boy is crying because of me? This is his second time meeting me, so what's the reason behind his breakdown?

"W-what's wrong?"
I find it hard to bring those words to my lips, sounding extremely stupid and awkward. The strong and cold imagine of Jongin is starting to break in my head.

Just a minute ago, he was scolding me for being too curious and now, his soft side is peeking through, leaving me absolutely confused and startled. Is he at his right mind?

"Just.. Go to class. It's school time anyways"
He demands, his voice deeper than usual and I can tell that his nose is blocked by the way he pronounces each word. I can sense the hurry in his shaky voice, his words slow as if he is in deep thought. Still refusing to look my way, he heads to the closed door and walks right through it. I gasp, even more shocked by his disappearance through the door.

***
So why do you guys think he felt emotional because of her?