"I wouldn't want my emotions exposed to others"

Narrator

A week of sleepless nights and starvation passed with Hyo Sonn being protected against Sehun by Jongin.

She was forced to lie to her family about her stay at school. She told them that she was staying at school to study for the finals all week long, and they believed her because they always saw her as the only family member to study even when she had massive eye bags under her tired eyes.

During those nights when Jongin and Hyo Sonn had to deal with a bipolar and attention seeking Sehun, they managed to somehow find comfort with each other.

Her determination to find out more about this He Ran girl drove her into confronting Jongin many time. However, she never succeeded as he always brushed it off or changed topic instantly. It was as if he didn't want her to have any involvement with He Ran's backstory.

His stubborn and secretive behavior made her sulky and annoyed at him several times, but he never payed attention to it so he wouldn't feel any sense of guilt for keeping something so significant and enormous from her.

Another thought that often circulated in her head during quiet moments was Jongin's decision to protect her. From a powerful and manipulative spiritual figure, she expected to me long gone by now. So why was he trying his absolute best to seal her from any trouble? Why was he wasting his energy to accompany her during the day so she wouldn't be easily catch by Sehun? Why not just take her soul himself?

During that time, she unconsciously got more and more comfortable with the presence of Jongin around her during every second of the day. This was purely stimulated by her permanent stay in the basement. She refused to attend any classes during school hours, being extremely exhausted and out of it. She couldn't even prepare herself for next week's finals just because she was so overly worked up with the trouble that she got herself in. She preferred hiding but living over studying but dying.

She began to see through the lion-hearted boy and notice his soft, lonely and goofy personality. She began to see his protective and caring habits, like the times he would leave to get her food by spilling into the cafeteria through the kitchen in the afternoons.

Just like Hyo Sonn, Jongin managed to revive his hidden emotions for her during the entire week of babysitting her. Maybe it was the way she talked too much whenever she was feeling anxious or the way she stayed silent and concentrated while he talked to her.

Everything diminished, along with Sehun's silly and outrageous acts to catch Hyo Sonn. This left both Jongin and her worried as they believe that Sehun is planning something bad and diabolical for them both.

It is now, ten o clock and the school body has dispersed, heading back home while Hyo Sonn sits in front of the teacher's desk, her earphones inserted into her ears with her head gently placed on the table.

Hyo Sonn

I drown in the music playing from my cracked phone, my mind wandering off into space. It's been a long time since I've listened to any song, purely because I've been trying to stay alive.

My forehead is pressed against the hard surface, my hands meeting right above my head as I try to block out any light from shining into my eyes.