Chapter 31 - A Request

It was a windy night on the New World. A certain blonde haired man was staring at the stars whilek drinking his sake.

The first decision commander has had trouble with sleeping recently. He understood that this is no time to have such problems, especially since he is in fact a commander.

His thoughts always seems to go somewhere else. The darkness of the night seemed to be the only time he could actually be more focused.

Not so long ago, his best friend died. No matter how he put it, he never managed to get over it. The killer was someone he thought he could trust, someone who he never thought that it will be able to betray pops and yet...

As if the death itself wasn't the worst thing, the only best friend he had left, who he considered more as a brother to him, left after the killer, to avange his late friend.

What was he doing? Why wasn't he the one who went after Teach? (PROTAGONIST POWER, BITCH)

If something would of happen to Ace aswell, he will not be able to forgive himself.

He took another sip from the bottle. The stars were shining brighter than usual. "Ehh, it mist be nice being up there, isn't that right, Thatch?" He mumbled as he leaned his hand on the ship's floor.

——————————————————

The mera mera no mi user was staring at the stars that were shining above him. Lying next to him was his beloved girlfriend, who was sleeping.

The girl next to him wasn't just an ordinary girl. She was daughter of a fearless marine, known around the world. It certainly wasn't really the person he dreamed to have as a father-in-law.

His dream was simple. He wanted to become a fearless pirate himself, a pirate that it's free from this world, a pirate that no one dares to cross paths with.

He knew he has accomplished a lot of things, and he knew he changed a lot. He wasn't anymore the annoying brat he was when he was a child. He knows he has done a lot of mistakes but thanks to those mistakes, he managed to learn a lot.

"Hmm? Ace, you're still up?" The girl said as she stood up and rubbed her eyes.

Ace nod and continued to stare at the stars. "Did I wake you up?" He asked in a gentle tone.

"No, I couldn't sleep actually." She said. Ace looked at her aand then opened his arms. "Come here." He said.

The girl squealed and jumped into his arms. He chuckled a little bit at the girl's enthusiasm and hugged her. The girl started to giggle and Ace looked at her confused.

"What is it?" He asked a little amused.
"Remember that time when you accidentally saw me naked?" You started to giggle a little bit louder.

"Gosh, could I ever forget?  Marco and Thatch made fun of me for weeks." He laughed.

"Yeah... I miss Thatch." You said.

Ace's smile faded. His best friend was killed for nothing but no matter the reason he wanted to avange him. No matter what will take, he will avange Thatch, even if it means death.

"I will not rest until Teach is dead, I promise." Ace said.

You furrowed your brows and then hit his head.

"What was that for?" He asked as he rubbed the new injury.

"If you have to rest. Otherwise you won't be able to fight him dumbass!"

Silence fell around the two of you. Only the sound of the nature could be heard. His grip tighten and you looked into his eyes.

"If something, ever happens to me-" he started but you shut him up. "Nothing is ever gonna happen. You promised." You said as you lowered your head into his chest.

"No, let me finish." He grabbed your chin, making you look straight into his eyes. "If anything happens to me I want you to promise me something. I want you to find another man, live a happy life and-"

"Nope. Can't do. I'm sorry but I cannot  promise such thing. The only man I see myself with it's you." You smiled.

He almost started to tear up, but he managed to keep that manly persona of his by keeping the tears in control. He never realized how much you loved him. Sure he knew you loved him but he never realized that your love for him was so strong. It wasn't as if he didn't love you, he was just bad at expressing it.

"Hey, (Name)?"

"Hmm?"

"Can I ask you something?"

"What is it?" You asked as you stood up.

He had a serious expression on his face, so you knew that this conversation is going to be a serious one aswell.

"Can you do something for me?" He asked.

"Anything." You answered almost immediately.

"I want you to go back to the ship, back to pops."

——————————————————

I finally saw Suicide Squad. I wansn't disappointed. Though it seemed to me that the movie was a little bit rushed. I understood that there were some unfinished scenes and so they deleted them.

It was an amazing movie and yes, I stood in my chair for the after credits to see the secret ending.

But shit, this movie makes me want to ship Harley and Joker so bad and I know they have a abusive relationship but the movie makes the two 'lovers' seem like they are actually in love, both of them.

But to be honest I was there for three things: Batman, Joker, Harley.

I was the annoying girl who sings the whole soundtrack during the entire movie.