"Hey Denise, I need you do me a favor."

"Of course, Michael. What do you need?"

"I need you to transfer a million dollars into an account."

"A million dollars?" Denise responded in utter disbelief. "Michael, what is this for, this is a huge expense."

"I just owe someone something. Can you please do it for me?"

Denise took a contemplative sigh. "Okay, so I need the name, account number, and the address of the bank then I can transfer it. But I do want to let you know that you have charges of nearly two hundred and fifty thousand dollars over budget on the American Express card."

"Yeah, I know. We needed things for the house."

"Okay Michael, I just want you to be careful. You're already facing a twenty million dollar lawsuit and you still need to recover the money you're spending on these personal projects. I'm gonna speak with your banker about the catalog too, hopefully that will help out a lot."

Michael sighed. He had recently made extravagant purchases, and with donating the proceeds from his HIStory tour, he incurred significant financial losses. "Alright, I know Denise. But yeah, her name is Patricia Carey, the account number is BA777-"

"Wait, hold on. So the number is DA77-"

"No, I said B-A-7-7-7776." He clarified.

"BA777776, correct?"

"Yes."

He continued on to tell her the address of the bank and she asked him once more if he was sure that he wanted to transfer the money. He responded affirmatively and she informed him that the money would be in the account by Monday. He hung up the phone and continued on around the estate to visit Pat.

March 14th, 1997

Pat was in the kitchen watching Eileen prepare her lunch.

"Eileen, do you think you could put a bit more pepper in that? I don't think it's seasoned enough."

Eileen nodded. "Of course, Ms. Carey."

She heard a loud knock on the door and got up from the table to open it.

"Who is it?"

There was a laugh. "Pat it's me."

She opened the door with a grin. "Come on in Michael, I was just about to have lunch. Care to join me?"

He shook his head as he stepped inside. "No, I'm probably going to try and have lunch with Mariah if she lets me."

"You two still aren't talking?" Pat asked, gesturing for him to sit.

She wasn't too surprised, her daughter was hot-headed and tended to hold grudges.

"We're talking, it's just really awkward." He explained as he took a seat across from her. "But anyway, I came to tell you that the money should be in the account by Monday."

Pat nodded. "Oh, good, good, good. So we're done with him then?"

"Yeah, we're done with him." Michael looked at his nails before continuing. "But now you've got to find yourself a new home."

Pat sighed. "Yes, I know. I've been looking for work, but it's hard finding work at my age."

"I'm sure you'll find something." Michael said.

Pat had the means to move out, but she was enjoying her stay at Neverland. It wouldn't hurt if she stayed a little while longer.

"I'll keep looking Michael, but I can't make any promises." Pat said.