Chapter Thirteen

Here's Chapter 13!! Sorry for the long wait, but I finally finished it! I know, not a lot happens, but I'm saving all that for the next few chapters. ;) Well, enjoy! And thanks for reading! <3 Also, Anotherdamnotaku is writing an awesome Gale fanfic too, so check it out! It's really good! :3

 “Hey shrimp,” Gajeel said, pulling Levy away from the water. “You should be more careful.”

“That's what I just told Lucy,” Levy laughed, embarrassed, trying to mask the pain that was slowly fading. “What are you doing here?”

“We're headed home,” Gajeel said, motioning to Lily who was standing behind him.

“Us too,” Levy told him.

“Levy's staying with me tonight,” Lucy smiled.

“Have fun,” Gajeel said, waving us off as he began to leave. “And be more careful.”

“Right,” Lucy said, waving goodbye to Gajeel and Lily. “Ready to go?” She asked, turning to Levy.

“Sure. Let's-” Levy stopped, a hand going to her temple in shock as the pain from before returned. “You shouldn't let him just walk away from you, Levy,” Himiko snickered, “how will you win his affections like that?”

“Ahh!” Himiko had released some of Levy's memories, and they slammed into her painfully.

“Levy!” Lucy shouted. Her friend's concern had caused Gajeel to turn around. Keep going! This is what she wants! Levy pleaded as Gajeel and Lily rushed to where she now sat on the ground.

“What happened?” Gajeel asked, keeling beside her.

“I-I don't know,” Lucy said, sounding a bit scared.

Levy remembered everything up until she fled into the forest with Himiko. She remembered the horrible things she had said to Gajeel, and how she had attacked him and Lily. Tears streaked her face, caused partially by the pain throughout her head, but mostly from the guilt at the pain she had caused Gajeel by bringing up their not-so-pleasant past.

“Levy, say something,” Gajeel pleaded, touching her gently on the arm.

“I remember what happened,” Levy managed once the pain subsided. “I'm sorry. I didn't mean what I said. I-I don't why I said that to you.” She couldn't stop the guilt-filled tears that fell to her lap, although she tried her hardest to hold them in.

*Gajeel*

Gajeel cursed to himself, hating how upset Levy was, and knowing he couldn't do anything about it. “I know you didn't mean it. Himiko was in your head, so don't apologize.”

“But I let her in my head! I was too weak to do anything about it.”

Gajeel looked to Lucy for help, not knowing how to comfort Levy. Damn. If only I were better at comforting people. If I could tell Levy how I feel, she wouldn't be so upset. Gajeel frowned. How could he tell her how he felt? Hell, he wasn't even sure what it was that he was feeling.

“Levy, no one blames you for what happened. I'm sure you tried your best, and you managed to escape, so there's no need to feel bad about it.” Lucy's words seemed to upset Levy more, making Gajeel even more frustrated. “And you shouldn't worry about her coming after you, either, because the guild's here for you.”

“What?” Gajeel shot at Lucy. “Come after her?”

“You weren't at the guildhall earlier,” Lucy said, “so I guess you wouldn't know. Himiko threatened Levy, so that's why she's staying with me for now.”