Chapter 23: Keeping the Fate

For a moment, Ayden tried to think, what should be the right words to utter in order to escape this life and death situation.

He didn’t want to be killed, not like this. But he didn’t want to sacrifice Fate just to be with Nimfa’s reincarnation. This was a foolish thing to do. A selfish act could ruin a life not only him but for others as well.

Would he ever learn from his past mistakes?

Because of his greedy act, he lost Nimfa. And this time, Ayden would make sure that it would never happen again.

Not to Fate.

“I can read your heart’s desire human. And I don’t like it a bit.

Ayden was still silent. He needed a plan and he needed it fast. He saw a taste of disgusted look to Kyros. His golden eyes were burning with anger. He must have been reading his heart’s desire until now. “Do I have a choice?”

Kyros smiled bitterly.  “Stupid human. You have a choice. There is always a wise choice. Others use practicality to survive. But you… you are different.  You choose death because you want to protect someone who is not even worthy to protect for.

Ayden’s face went cold from his words.  No one not even their kind had the right to spoke those words to Fate.  They only knew her nothing but a heiress that they want to sacrifice for their freedom. But not to him.

She was his world. “Words of wisdom from a pity coward who tries to have his freedom back through killing an innocent human.”

“If you refer the heiress, she’s not a human. And it is the right thing to do for our kind. You always have a choice but our kind didn’t.  We don’t choose because there is no option to live. ”

“Fate is innocent. Wala siyang kinalaman sa nakaraan niyo. ‘Wag niyo ipangaral sa akin ‘yang pagkakaroon ng walang choice sa buhay dahil kahit siya mismo, wala siyang choice. Pareho-pareho lang kayong nakatali sa nakaan. Pare-parehong inosente. Pare-parehong biktima.”

Tama na ang usapan.”  Kyros went for him to attack. “If you can’t help us, then you have no need of us anymore.

The air whispered with psychic electricity. It was a sensation that could only be felt by a particular nonhuman sector or by humans with highly developed senses.

For Ayden, it was a powerful aura for an old man. He was not a human after all.

He had no enough strength to fight but if ever he would die in here, at least, Ayden gave him a fair battle.

Preparing for an attack, he let Kyros did the first blow while he tried to defend himself as best as he could. His pain doubled. His body went frigid but Ayden tried to stand firm.

Hindi niya alam kung gaano siya tatagal sa labanan. Pero wala na siyang choice. He needed to fight back. But how?

His body was too weak.

When Kyros tried to use his magic and wanted to blast it to Ayden, something unexpected happened. Hindi tumama ang itim na energy ball sa katawan ni Ayden. Hindi naman ‘yun inaasahan ni Kyrus. He made another black energy ball and tossed it again but the same thing occurred. It didn’t hit Ayden as if the energy ball had a mind on its own. Kusa itong tumatama sa ibang lugar.