Chapter 8 : Dark Past

• Αφιερωμένο στον/ην regane

If The Fates really was giving him a second chance for the both of them, then destiny was not as cruel as he might seem after all.  Sometimes it was not their sad fates which are vindictive in their lives..But it’s what they were and who they were that made their destiny even hard to understand.. Harder to live…

Protect her and never let her go…

When Cupid vanished into thin air, without hesitation, Ayden rushed upstairs into Fate’s bedroom.  She was still sleeping there.  His heart stopped as he watched her beautiful face again, no sign of bruises last night, he watched her as if this was the very first time he saw her. Ayden realized he missed her so much.

For a moment, Ayden wanted to touch her delicate warm skin… to hold her tenderly into his arms… to kiss her like he always wanted from the start.

Pero para lang siyang statue sa gilid ng kama habang pinagmamasdan na lang si Fate na natutulog.

He couldn’t.

Hanggang dun na lang ang kanya niyang gawin. Sa ngayon. May barrier na sa pagitan nilang dalawa.

He knew it.  Isang barrier sa pagitan ng bago nitong katauhan.  She had no memories of him anymore… no memories of their love… no memories of their past. 

Nothing was left for her to love him back.

She may have Nimfa’s soul but the woman in front of him was not her anymore.

He maybe her mate but it doesn’t mean she would just fall into his feet and love him just like that. She had experienced enough pain to become like what she was now.

Cold.

Fighter.

Loner.

She made a barrier to make sure that no one would ever hurt her. She was living in isolation than trusting someone she might regret in the end. She was scared yet she kept on fighting that feeling until her heart was now numb by the idea of being alone.

His heart ached for her.  She didn’t deserve this kind of life.

It would take time.

To gain her trust… To fall for him… To make her believe in love…

But he had only three weeks to do that… Damn.

Less than a month to make her fall or else Poseidon’s powers would be in chaos…

But what about him?

His real identity would endanger Fate’s life too.

How could he protect his love if it needed to face his dark past? It was been years that he was trying to avoid his real families and what he really was. And being with her meant facing them again…

‘Yun ang pagkakaiba ng kapatid niyang si Nyx.

Nyx didn’t know his dark past,his real biological parents, or even the prophesy for him.

But Ayden knew. He knew who he was and what he was. He knew where he came from and he decided a long time ago to run away from it and never would return. But here he was, for the sake of Fate’s future, maybe he would.

Facing the truth and fighting for what his right.

Hindi alam ni Ayden na dadating pala ang panahong maiisip niya ang nakaraan. Isang nakaraang ayaw na niyang balikan. Pero alam din niyang hindi ito panghabangbuhay  magiging sagot sa pagtatago ng kakaiba niyang kapalaran.