Chapter 7: Soul Searching

Ayden came back with his consciousness, as he realized that this vulnerable woman he was now holding tenderly had another destiny. She was destined to fall inlove and it was not to him.

 He was destined to make her fall for the sake of humanity. He was her playing Cupid.

But how could he do that? How could he do his last job if he was now slowly having feelings towards her?  But why?

When he knew she was waiting for her soul too… the soul of the woman he loved..

This was not right. This was not supposed to be this way. He shook his head as those hurtful thoughts gave him enough courage to let her go in his arms.

Good night Ms. Fate.”, He felt a little pain after making a space between them. “You can use the shower of you want. You can use my shirt and pants in my drawers.  Pwede mo nang tanggalin ang piring mo pagkaalis ko ng room. Don’t worry, inalis ko na ang mga salamin para di mo makita ang reflection mo. Sabi nila, nagrerelect sa salamin ang powers ni Medusa.  Have a good sleep Ms. Fate.”  He didn’t say any word anymore. He walked away from her. Narining na lang niyang binuksan ang pinto sabay sarado din.

Fate felt his coldness. She didn’t understand the sudden change of his feelings.

He left him here alone and weary.

Just as what he’s said, she took the piece of cloth in her eyes, and blinked for a couple of times before she saw how huge the room was. It was a dark room with no lights at all except for the white night light in the corner of it that made the entire place gloomy and remote.

She took a shower and found his white shirt on his drawers.  Nakita din niya ang bag niya sa may upuan. She was relieved. Kahit papaano, nagdadala siya ng mga extra undies and bras everytime na iniisip niyang may kakaiba sa pakiramdam niya. An instinct na kahit hanggang ngayon, hindi niya pa din alam kung bakit.

Binuksan niya ang bag niya, at nakita niya ang mga ‘yun na nakatupi lang sa loob kasama pa ang mga extra scarfs and sunglasses. Like a girl scout, she was always prepared.

Habang nagsususot si Fate ng damit, pinagmasdan niya ang buo niyang katawan. She saw her bruises on her pale white skin. He remembered Jake and what she did to him. Hindi niya talaga aakalain na magiging isang ganung tao ang lalaking ‘yun.

Ibang iba sa Jake na nakilala niya noon.

She looked on her casual dress which was now torn into pieces; no wonder Ayden covered her body with a cloth a while ago. Grabeh pala ang ginawa ni Jake sa kanya habang pilit niyang tinatakpan ang kanyang mga mata nang matanggal ni Jake ang pendant niya.

But he saved her. He was there unexpectedly.

He was there just in time. But she knew it was more than that. He saved her in a way no one ever did. He touched her heart in such a way she couldn’t understand.

Pero nararamdaman ni Fate ang agwat nilang dalawa. Hindi ang literal na agwat ng status na mayroon sila. Kundi ang agwat ng kanilang emosyon. Malayo. Malayong malayo. Ramdam niya ‘yun. Para bang may kakaiba kay Ayden. Masyadong malalim.

The sun finally rose up but Ayden didn’t asleep well last night. Hindi lang talaga siya makatulog sa mga nangyayari. He got up and tried to fix himself as fast as he could. Then he went downstairs. It was her day.