Chapter 17: A Battle to Remember

Just as Xena’s thought, their heiress was indeed in this man’s territory. She used Kreto’s memory to see the man’s face, the night they had attacked her on the street. She added a little more details of his physical features after they had encountered them both in the bridge.

It didn’t take long when they discovered who he was after doing deep research for his background.

Mr. Clyde Ayden Hunter

One of the top billionaires in the world….

Xera made this plan to find the heiress here and she was not mistaken. Mr. Hunter really did protect her. It didn’t matter now how did they survive the fall in the bridge, for her Gorgon warriors were outside the mansion. But Xera got another idea; she was already inside long before Fate came. She made a diversion of it and her plans really did succeed. Xera had her finally.

Fate screamed as she was struggling for some air to breathe. Someone was grabbing her from her back. Her arm was tight on her neck, slowly choking her.

“Invincibility.” Xera did the talking while she smiled bitterly on the guy who was now lying on the ground after she shot her using her scepter. Too bad for him, he was really cute.  Her lips where near on Fate’s right ear. She spoke almost like a whisper. “Have you used that power princess? It’s a common in our kind.

Ayden instantly gazed on Ivan’s body. There was blood from his wounds but it didn’t look so serious. He would be fine. Lucky for him, he was a God. His wound would be healed any moment soon.

He turned around to see Fate’s pale face and the woman who had her.

It was the same gorgon woman he saw on the bridge. He was not mistaken even if her hair now was no longer snakes but long black ones and braided on one side of her shoulder. He tried to be calm for this situation. He had a wounded nephew and Fate was held captive.  And he was a bit confuse to know that they’d search his place in just a matter of day.“Who are you? What do you want?

Xera grinned evilly at him with menacing stare, telling him that she was a vicious gorgon behind her beautiful face “I already have what I need. You have no business with us.”

They were so serious in killing her and it made Ayden’s rage grew even more. “Leave her alone.”

Ayden moved forward.

Make one more step and I’ll cut her throat out in front of you.”

Ayden froze. He wanted to save her. If only he had his powers. Damn. Damn you Cupid.

Xera thought that it was the perfect time to get out in this place. Using her scepter, she made another portal to Meduria. Her warriors were just in time to interfere. They already broke the doors infront even the doors on the kitchen area. Some used windows to get in. She smiled viciously as she watched the man with a silver eyes surrounded by them.

She wanted to know what he had got to defeat such creatures like their unique kind.

This should be interesting for her.

Kill him!” she commanded them all.

They started attacking Ayden from everywhere.  Ayden ducked as the first gorgon tried to punch him in the face and gave him just one blow in the ribs. It turned instantly into a snake crawling on the floor. Another one attached him from the right as he gave him an uppercut while he turned around to kick another Gorgon who was running towards his direction.