The Girl From the Land of Waves (A Naruto Fanfic) Chapter 11

Hello! Hopefully, this chapter will be better than the last one. I wasn't particularly happy with the way Chapter 10  came out. Anywho, here's Chapter 11!

Pic of Takeshi-->

                                                               ~*~*~*~*~

Yumi's POV.

Crunch!

"YEAH! TAKE THAT! Hehehe..."

Crinkle!

"IN YOUR FACE, YOU PIECE OF TRASH!"

SPLAT!

"HA! BET YOU DON'T HAVE THE GUTS TO DO THAT AGAI-"

I growled and rounded on the Twins, grabber arm extended and ready to strike.

"If you say one more word, so help me I will drown you both and stuff your bodies in my trash bag and no one will ever suspect a thing," I snarled, gesturing more than probably necessary. The two identical boys gulped in unison and hid behind a large boulder on the riverbank. "Now shut up and pick up trash like everyone else in the world: QUIETLY. Ok?" 

They nodded, mimed zipping their lips, and jumped out from behind the rock, setting to work picking up the litter, this time whispering insults at each piece they collected.

I rolled my eyes at their blatant disregard to pretty much everything I'd just said and went back to work myself.

They're never going to change, you're just wasting your breath, Yumi.

I heard a noise from a nearby cluster of trees and glanced around, searching for the source. A flash of blue caught my attention and my eyes widened. I turned back to the twins.

"Go back to Sensei, we're almost done here. I'll finish up and meet you in a moment."

They shared a look of astonishment, clearly surprised that I'd be willing to do anything for them (even if, in actuality, I wasn't), then shrugged and took off running in the direction of our awaiting Sensei.

I dropped my grabber arm and trash bag and donned a kunai, activating my Takamemasu as I walked towards the group of trees.

I jumped and spun around at the sound of a snapping twig, but nothing was there. I scowled and closed my eyes, concentrating. My eyes snapped back open when I detected a chakra signature.

Behind you!

I spun and threw a kunai at the source, but they dodged it easily. Then again, what else could I expect from him

"Still got poor aim, I see," he chuckled. "What a shame. Though you could always use those annoying twins as target practice. They seem tough, you could probably hit them each a few times before-"

"Enough! I may not be particularly fond of them, but they're still my comrades," I said, glaring.

For now, at least. I added silently.

He shrugged, "It was merely a suggestion, no need to get all bent out of shape about it, dearie."

"Stop the mindless banter! What do you want?" I snapped. I had to hurry this along, Sensei would be getting curious as to why I was taking so long.

He put his hands on his heart and acted like my words actually hurt him. "How you wound me!" he said overdramatically, waving his arms about. "Can't I stop by once in awhile to see how my favorite cousin is getting along, Yumi?"