The Girl From The Land of Waves(A Naruto Fanfic) Chapter 1 ~Edited~

Hey guys! Ok, I've been wanting to write a Naruto fanfic for a really long time and it's finally happening! This chapter is dedicated to AsiaMLee143 because she's an awesome person and she also made the amazing cover! You should check out her Naruto Fanfic and vote for it, because it's awesome! Anyway, on with the story! ENJOY!

Pic of Takeshi --->

Yumi's POV.

I dodged to the right, grabbing my assailant's foot and flipping him over my head. He went sailing through the air and his back slammed against a tree with a resounding crack. He groaned as his legs gave out from under him and he fell to the ground panting. I smirked and slowly walked over to him, pulling out a kunai and holding it against his throat. His eyes widened as I slid it across his Adam's Apple, drawing blood.

"You're just as pathetic as the others. I thought my cousin was better than this," I paused as a thought popped into my head, "Is he too scared to fight me himself?" I pouted at the bruised and battered man before me as he shook with fear. He knew what I had done to the others and he obviously knew what I was capable of. I looked at him with fake hurt on my face, red eyes flashing, "You aren't scared of me, are you?" I asked. He didn't respond, but his shaking increased, making me laugh. I leaned in and put my mouth next to his ear, smiling sadistically. "Good."

I slit his throat and turned on my heel, ignoring his gurgling cries, and jumped into the trees continuing on my way. What would your parents think of you? I couldn't help wondering. You go around senselessly killing people now. Before your clan died- I was brought out of my thoughts by the sound of a twig snapping behind me. I quickly increased my speed, charging through the trees at break-neck speed. I was really starting to get annoyed with this; I hated having to constantly be on the move. It had been like this for nearly seven years.

I gritted my teeth and stopped short, figuring it'd be better to get it over with instead of dragging it out. I sensed some one watching me from behind and spun around, glaring in the direction I thought they were. "Come out, come out, wherever you are,"I taunted. I ducked easily as a kunai shot towards my head, laughter bubbling in my throat as I pulled it out of the tree it had embedded itself in, where I was standing just a moment before. "You'll have to better than that, sweetheart," I sneered as a tall, shadowy figure emerged from the trees. I faced him, wearing my seemingly ever-present scowl. "Isn't that right, Takeshi?" My cousin chuckled, his broad, muscled shoulders shaking. He pulled down his hood, revealing his face.

I sucked in an involuntary breath as I took him in. He looked exactly like he did all those years ago. His blood red eyes glowing in the night in contrast to his pale face and an image of my family's mauled bodies flashed through my mind as Takeshi grinned, his canines glinting dangerously in the moonlight.

"Ah, my dearest cousin. Genki desu ka?* I hope those men didn't hurt you earlier... You looked a little..." he searched around for the right word, his gaze drifting around at the trees as if the word he was looking for would be found in them. "Overwhelmed." My scowl deepened and his grin faded to a smirk, but remained nonetheless. 

"My taunting finally brought you out from the shadows did it?" I growled, taking up a fighting stance. If he was going to attack I wanted to be ready.

Takeshi merely sighed at my reaction and ignored my jab. "Yumi, I haven't come here to fight you. I came here to warn you." I snorted. Like I was going to buy that. How stupid does he think I am?

"Like heck you haven't," I spat,  widening my stance. Takeshi sighed again, seemingly bored, which made me even madder at him. Why wouldn't he just attack and get it over with already instead of dragging it out?