The Girl From the Land of Waves (A Naruto Fanfic) Chapter 3 ~Edited~

Here's chaptah thrrreeeeee!!! WHOOT WHOOT! :P Pleasedon'tkillmeifit'sreallybad!

Play the music while you read the part that's in italics. 

Pic of young Yumi--->

Yumi's pov.

"No! Mommy!!" My eight year old self called out, reaching forward to grasp at my dead mother's hand. I pulled away, it was cold. Tears began to form in my eyes as I gazed at my deceased mother, not quite understanding what had happened to her.

"Yumi!" I hiccupped and looked over at my older sister.

"Y-Yukiko! M-mommy's sl-sleeping and I- I can't wake her u-up!" My older sister bent down and held me by my shoulders, looking me in the eyes.

"Yumi, you have to be brave, ok? Okaa-san had to go away," I furrowed my eyebrows at my older sister. Go away? But I was just looking at Mommy... "Yumi!" Yukiko shook me, bringing me out of my thoughts. My deep blue eyes snapped back to hers. "You have to run," my eyes widened. There was no way I was going to leave my Onee-chan! I began to protest, fresh tears forming in my eyes, but Yukiko interrupted me. "Yumi, I'm not asking. You have to," she kissed me on the forehead before pushing me away, her eyes showing her sadness.

I tripped over my own feet and fell on my butt, causing the tears that had been forming in my eyes spill over and drip down my face. I sobbed uncontrollably. Yukiko had turned away and disappeared into the darkness of the night. I squeaked in surprise when I saw two red eyes glowing in the dark and shied away from them.

"Don't be afraid," I blinked. Why did that voice sound so familiar? I realized why when my older cousin, Takeshi, stepped out into the open.

"Takeshi! You've gotta' help me! Onee-chan(Big sister), Okaa-san(Mother) are gone a-and I don't know what to do!" I ran over and hugged his waist, sobbing into him. I paused after a few moments and looked up at him. His glowing red eyes scared me even though I knew I possessed the same ones. "Takeshi?" My cousin smirked dangerously at me and my eyes widened as he pulled out a kunai and twirled it on his finger.

"Don't try and run Yumi. There's no point, I'll catch you eventually," I was shaking uncontrollably now, I was terrified. I could feel the waves of hate and death rolling off him. I backed away from him, what was wrong with him? His normally amused smirk had twisted into a quite scary grin and his eyes had a crazed look to them. He took a few steps forward and I took several back, something in my head had clicked when I noticed the red liquid on his hands. I gasped as I realized what it was... Blood. My family's blood. Something snapped in me. How could he? How could my Takeshi -my own cousin- kill his family and everyone he loved?

"How could you? How could you do this to us, 'Keshi? We're your family! We all love you-!"

"No! Don't talk to me about love, Yumi. I've never been loved. Not truly. You always got all the love from our precious clan," I blinked, stunned at how venomously he spoke about our clan. How could he say that? I had loved him my whole life, he was like my big brother.

"But-"

"Everyone was always talking about how fantastic you were. 'Oh, did you hear what Yumi did today?' 'Did you know she's the youngest of our clan to master her Kekkei Genkai?' Did anyone ever pay attention to me? No. And I've always hated you for it," my head jerked back from shock. He hated me? The person I had never seen any wrong in, who I'd loved unconditionally, hated me? "Yumi," he spat out my name like it was poisonous. "I've been wanting to do this for a long time."