The Girl From the Land of Waves ( A Naruto Fanfic) Chapter 2 ~Edited~

Hi! Thanks for commenting and voting! You're all awesome. :) I tried to make this chapter longer and more interesting.

(Also Shikamaru's birthday is today [22 of September])!! YAY! HAPPY BIRTHDAY SHIKA-KUN!!

Yumi's pov.

I sighed as I looked around the village. It was nice, I must admit, little shops decorated the streets and the shouts of people filled the air. It was all so..... Underwhelming. I mean, it was OK. I guess. The only thing I was impressed about so far was their weapons shop. It had a large selection of different kunai, shuriken, bombs, explosive clay and many other essential weapons.

The Hokage had made arrangements for me to stay in a hotel for three days. That was just enough time to get a few supplies and rest before I had to resume my journey.

A loud grumble erupted from my stomach and I realized just how hungry I was, as I hadn't eaten anything all day. Pretty soon I stumbled upon a ramen shop. My feet started to carry me away from it but a pang of hunger made me stop. I weighed the chances of me finding another place to eat soon against just sitting down and eating here. There was about a 40% chance that there'd be another restaurant within a quarter mile radius of the ramen shop, but I didn't feel like walking any further so I took a seat at one of the stools and quickly placed my order. The smells of the shop filled my nose, making my mouth water and my stomach make another loud noise. The shop's owner returned a few moments later with a steaming bowl of Miso Ramen and I quickly broke apart my chopsticks and dug in.

I was so absorbed in eating I didn't even notice when a blonde haired boy not much younger than myself came in and sat next to me. Although after a few minutes of him staring -indiscreetly I might add- at me I sighed and looked over at him. He quickly returned his attention to his bowl of ramen.

I studied him closely for a few moments. His unruly blonde hair stuck out all over and he was wearing a bright orange jumpsuit with his Leaf Village Headband tied around his forehead. Why did he look so familiar? I'd never seen him before... Then something clicked in my mind, I'd never met him in person but I had heard of him before. He was the Nine Tail's Jinchuuriki, Naruto Uzumaki. He was cuter than I thought he'd be in all honesty. From the stories I had heard I was expecting him to be a little kid, but he couldn't have been much younger than myself. His staring was a little childish, however.

"See something you like?" The blonde flinched at the sound of my voice and quickly snapped his head back to look at the bowl of ramen before him. I smirked when I saw his face go red.

"U-uhh, n-no!" He stuttered, still not looking at me. I grasped my heart in mock pain and my eyes wavered as I looked at him making his own widen. "N-Not that you're not pretty! I-I just, uh... well I-" My snort cut him off. He tilted his head to the side, clearly confused. "Huh? Why are you laughing?"

"For a Genin, you sure are gullible." He scowled at me, but after a few moments we both went back to eating our ramen in silence. It wasn't long before I finished my bowl and set out the money for it and started heading out of the shop, but before I reached the curtain at the exit I turned and addressed Naruto again,"I'm Yumi by the way, Naruto-kun," I purred. His eyes widened as I said his name.

"How-"

"I know everything about you Naruto." If possible his eyes widened even more. I was surprised they didn't pop out of his head. "Didn't your parents teach you not to stare?" He flinched slightly and his eyes glazed over for a brief second before returning to normal. "It's rude," I continued, a smirk playing on my lips. "Although, I know it's hard not to stare at all this." I gestured to my body and struck a pose. Naruto's face flushed to red yet again. I released a slight chuckle again at his reaction and winked at him before walking away down the street.