Chapter 28: A New Life

I slowly opened my eyes to my bedroom and took a deep breath. A yawn emerged from my mouth and I slowly sat up. I noticed Parker sleeping on the carpet with my blanket pulled halfway off my bed to cover him. I smile at him and look around the room for Craig, but he wasn't here. I remember falling asleep with his arm around me. Maybe he just woke up early, he has a tendency to do that.

As I throw the covers off of me, I accidentally hit Parker while stepping over him to grab my phone off of my desk. He rolls over, but doesn't wake up. I look at the time, 9 o'clock.

I sigh and carefully step over Parker again so that I can leave my room. I open the door and can already tell that people are downstairs. I heard the news on the t.v, and the microwave was beeping. My nose was hit with the scent of bacon and my stomach growled.

I look to my right and into my brothers' room, but nobody was there. They must be downstairs.

I turn left and walk down the hallway, to turn left again at the end, and into the washroom.

The bathroom window was facing the sun so I didn't need to turn on the light as I go to the counter and turn on the tap, I cup my hands under the stream and splash cold water on my face. The freshness feeling nice on my face.

Still bent over the sink, I turn off the tap and grab a nearby towel to dry my face.

I put the towel back, grab my phone, and exit the washroom to go downstairs.

I heard muffled voices over the news, and the sound of things dropping and rolling on the floor. It sounded like pencils.

Holding the railing, I hop down the stairs, excited to see everybody and to socialize.

"Can I watch something else?" I hear Liam ask.

"Sure," I hear my mom's voice. She sounds a lot happier than she did last night.

I get to the bottom of the stairs and slide into the kitchen in my socks, capturing the attention of my mom, Craig, and Chris. Liam was facing the t.v so he didn't notice me.

I was in my pajamas, but I didn't remember putting them on last night. A plain, loose, black t-shirt with red plaid shorts.

"Look who's here," My mom says enthusiastically.

I walk towards the kitchen table where Craig and Chris were colouring with crayons.

"Good morning everybody," I smile.

"Good morning," Chris and Craig said at the same time, Chris still focusing on colouring in his colouring book. Craig was wearing his bacon strips shirt with black and white plaid pants.

"I'm making breakfast so don't go anywhere," My mom says, placing a container of strawberries and blueberries on the counter next to a cutting board.

"Whatcha making?" I ask as I walk behind Liam and kiss his head over the couch.

"Good morning," Liam says, not taking his eyes off the t.v as he was still looking for a different channel.

"Omelettes, Bacon, and Fruit. Well, scrambled eggs for the boys, omelettes for us."

"Sounds nice," I stand next to Craig who was helping Chris colour a lion for his colouring book. I could tell which part of the lion that Craig coloured. Mostly because he was using a blue crayon while Chris used yellow, but his colouring was obviously in the lines.

I bend down and kiss Craig on the cheek before walking towards the couch and plopping down next to Liam.

"Find anything?" I ask getting comfortable in the corner of the couch. I noticed Bruce curled on the couch next to my head, sleeping peacefully.