Chapter 23: Party & Bullshit

I was sitting on the edge of the bed, my feet touching the floor, and my back to Evan, who was lying on his back. We were both on our phones, waiting for Craig to decide when he'll stop editing. Nogla was sitting on a leather rolly chair that he rolled in front of the mini-fridge, also on his phone.

Haha, get it? MINI-fridge? Hahahaha, maybe this is why I'm alone...

I could hear parts of our laughs fill the room as Craig was replaying it on his laptop, deciding whether he should edit the original prank video.

I eventually got bored of my phone and shut it off. I laid down next to Vanoss and stared at the ceiling, exhausted. The excitement from yesterday was mixing with all the walking I was doing today, and it made my head spin. I closed my eyes and sighed, just now realizing that I was hungry. Oh my god, the last time I ate was yesterday when me and Parker got frozen yogurt! I am STARVING.

When you live in the moment, you really live in the moment!

"We should get food," I say, my eyes still closed.

I heard Evan sigh next to me and say,

"Yeah, we should order pizza or something."

"Who's paying?" I heard Nogla ask. My stomach hurt as it felt like it was slowly being put on fire.

"I can," Craig said. I opened my eyes and rolled onto my left side, curling into the pillow my head was previously on. I look over at Craig who was still sitting at his desk with his laptop open.

"Where would they deliver it at hotels?" I ask, closing my eyes again, sounding more tired than I meant to be.

"Probably the rooms, or possibly in the lobby," Evan said behind me.

It felt great to close my eyes and relax, but I was worried I was gonna fall asleep, and it was only 6. That would suck if I did.

"Why don't we just go out to eat?" Nogla asked. "I think I've heard of a popular place down the street."

"Only if Craig is still paying," I smile before I could finish saying.

"Yeah, I guess that'd be better, we need to have some fun." I heard Evan say beside me.

I felt the bed move as he got up, and I groaned as I didn't want to move.

I heard car keys jingling as they were being picked up and travelled to the door.

I took a deep inhale and summoned my second wind, not wanting to bring the party down. I sat up with fake enthusiasm and soon enough, I actually felt more awake. Kinda like when you wake up in the middle of the night and you're just fully awake, like you could haul a trailer with your bare hands.

I was escorted out the door, into the hallway as Craig locked up and Evan checked his phone.

"Careful Nogla, I don't want you disturbing the neighbors," I said smugly.

He crossed his arms and stared at me with his tongue poking the inside of his cheek, as if to say, really?

I smiled, and so did he. The tension dropped and the goofyness returned.

I'm glad he can take a joke, considering that he is normally the butt of everyones' jokes. You'd think he'd be sick of it by now, but he's polite, which makes me respect him.

"Alright," Craig says stepping beside me, putting his hand on my back. "Is the elevator still not here?"

"Let's just take the stairs," Evan says, looking at his phone and heading towards the staircase.