Chapter 9: Up All Night

We finished our pizza quickly and started walking around the school, talking as if we've been friends for years. It felt easier talking to Parker because I know that he'll probably follow me around even if he doesn't like me.

I was super thankful for him reaching out to me or else I may have never gotten to go to Pax, or even felt like I had a friend.

"Not to push but, are your parents driving us? Because mine can't." I ask politely so he doesn't change his mind. I'm probably gonna be super nice for the next few days just so he doesn't regret his decision and take the tickets back.

He smiles and shakes his head.
"Don't sweat it, my step-brother is driving us." He says nonchalantly. He's got everything figured out doesn't he.

"How olds your brother?" Now I wasn't trying to be nice, I was actually curious. If his brother is too young, then that would be a little awkward hanging around with 2 boys for 2 days. But if his brothers too old, he might be a buzzkill.

"He's 25," He pauses. "His name is Dan. He works at a car dealership and gets a discount on the cars, so the ride to Pax will be nice in his new Corolla."

I nodded, pretending to be listening. 25 Isn't that bad of an age. As long as he's not going through that drinking faze where he wants to party all the time, like most people in their 20's go through.

"That's cool." I try my best to sound impressed.

From what I've experienced, Parker likes to talk. A lot. Maybe it's because he hasn't talked to many people that he just has so much to say all at once, or because he's nervous about talking to a person for once that the words come flooding out without his knowledge.

I wonder what happened to that friend that he was chasing the day he knocked my over. Maybe he got so annoyed at him that he threw their friendship away. Maybe it was only a set-up so he can pick me up? But wait, how would he know if I liked videogames? Is he a stalker? Has he been spying on me and I haven't realized?

Wait.

I'm thinking like a paranoid spy. Their friendship is probably on a break. Nothing to it. Just a break.

As I realized how much I had zoned out, I tried to tune in to what Parker was saying so that I could contribute to the conversation after he was done talking.

I wanted to ask him what happened to his friend, but I didn't want him to get offended or anything, so I kept my mouth shut.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

As I was outside, heading home, adrenaline ran through my body, realizing that I would be going to Pax tomorrow. I fast walked down the first block, practically squealing from excitement. I would be missing school tomorrow for Pax, one of the best reasons to miss it. Now I can finally go on twitter without feeling left out.

I pulled out my phone as I fast walked and went on twitter. I smiled as I saw that Craig tweeted where he would be so that we could meet him. It finally hit me that I would be meeting one of my heroes. Something I've wanted to do since I was 13. I wanted to just see Craig now, because I couldn't wait, but I knew that wasn't possible.

I started planning what I would say. I didn't want to say something completely standard, but I also didn't want to be a creep. The 3 seconds I would probably get to take a picture with him, I wanna say something smart, quirky, funny, and altogether wrap up my personality. What the heck kind of sentence is that?

Then I started thinking of what I would pack, probably all merch so I can get noticed by someone. I guess my MiniLadd shirt and sweater that I was wearing today, and my Basically 'Wrk!' shirt, and for my pj's my Wildcat shirt. And now would be the perfect time to wear my walmart leggings and pretend I'm cool!