Chapter 18: Slip 'n Slide

I had completely forgotten about my life before I met Craig. When I watched his videos snuggled up in my blanket on my bed at 2 in the morning. When I bought his merch to share that I was a fan. Every night before my eyes shut fully, I would dream about this day.

Maybe it was truly meant to be, and this is why it's happening. But, it could always be a very vivid dream.

I watched from the bed, Craig editing his video from last night. He told me that he would put my gameplay in as well, but he wouldn't say anything just yet.

The exhaustion was returning to me as I haven't moved in awhile, so I go from my sitting up position, to on my back in the shape of a star. I sigh as I stare at the ceiling, unable to see that my sudden movement had captured Craig's attention.

"Are you still tired?" He asks surprised.

"...A little." I frown.

"Want some coffee?" He offers.

I roll my head to its side, too tired to lift it, and look over my shoulder at him holding out his Starbucks coffee cup. The warmest and most aromatic drink I can think of to wake me up.

I was intrigued by the offer, but didn't want to get up.

Come on, it's coffee!

I grunt and prop myself up on my elbow and take his half-empty cup.
He chuckled and returned his attention to his computer.

I took a swig of his strong coffee, awoken by the caffeine and slight bitter taste against the back of my tongue. But I liked it. I took another sip, reminding my taste buds what it tasted like before I sat up and placed the cup next to his computer, being very careful not to spill it.

"Thanks," I said happily, not feeling much different but appreciating the offer.

"No problem," He glances at me with a smile before returning to his computer screen.

I didn't want to watch him edit all day with my obvious bed head and makeup stained face, but I also didn't want to leave, giving the thought that I wouldn't return.

Either way, I kind of had to leave, to change and stuff.

I stood up and headed for the door.
"I'm gonna walk to my hotel for a minute and grab Parker," I lie.

Well, maybe I could bring Parker. After all, he must be worried about me....

SHIT...... I forgot to call my paranoid Mom last night! She must think I'm dead!

He put his headphones around his neck in a manner that reminded me of a DJ.

"You want me to walk you?" He spun in his chair to face me and was itching his nose casually.

"No that's okay, you can keep editing," I walk out of the door casually. Quietly walking in the empty hall, until I hear the door shut and then I bolt for the elevator and pull out my phone, looking through my contacts.

"Oh come on come on!" I whisper to myself as I scroll to M in my contacts.

"Aha!" I cheer as I click on the call button.

The elevator doors open and I quickly step inside and start pushing the button for the doors to close, so nobody would have to listen to my awkward conversation with my Mom.

My Mom picks up quickly as the doors shut.

"Jordan! I have been trying to reach you! Why didn't you call me last night! Don't tell me you were partying or getting drunk!" Her anger roars through my phone. I had to pull my phone away from my ear for a second to adjust.