Wack! "Ohhh.." someone groaned.

Neil?!

I strained my hand more, then sadly, only now have I remembered my little knife in my pocket. I noted to myself that if a confusing situation like this happens again, I need to remember my sources. I stretched my arm to it, the rope scratching me more as I tried to move my hand to my side pocket.

Haha! Gotcha! I held the knife with both hands trying to secure the position more. I turned the blades to be facing my back and the rope. Moving my palm up and down, I was able to cut off the ropes fiber little by little.

Crap. I dropped the knife.

I heard a little clunk on the ground, but I couldn't see where it was. Even the guards and the boys fighting confused me more to where the sound of the dropped knife came from. I tried to pull the ropes on my hands apart just to see if I had done enough of a slice through to have the strength to rip it off.

"AAAUUGGH!" The yell released some of the pain I was having when I tried to rip of the bondage.

"Help!" Pete yelled.

They sounded like they were losing..

"Ahhhhhh!!" "Charge!!" Two new voices entered into the event.

Wait..who said that? I pondered to make sure I was hearing right. Okay. Those two other voices were definitely Pete and Neil. Then who were the other two?

"Stop! Guards! Stop!" a familiar voice rang in my ears. "Everybody!Stop! NOW!"

I know I heard that voice before..

Suddenly, I heard weapons hit the ground and the panting of the fighting warriors gradually quieted down.

The chatter of leaves were now heard and wind blew shaking the contents of the forest floor.

Do they see me?

"Hey!! Help! Someone! I'm over here!" I yelled. Hopefully, they hear me now that it's quiet.

"Angel?"

I heard steps going towards me.

"Yes! It's me! Get me out!" I tried flinging my arms as if it would free me faster.

"Angel!" I then heard running feet going towards me.

Someone grasped the bottom of the sack and began to pull it upwards and someone started to untie the ropes off my arms and legs.

"Neil! Pete!"

Both were bent down looking at me anxiously and eagerly.

"You're okay," said Neil.

I gave him a huge friend hug. My eyes were closed behind him as I did, but then I opened them behind him.

"Oh, Abason." I looked back at him and then I glanced towards two guards and two different boys. "Who are they?" I pushed Neil back casually.

"I'm just glad you're safe. Let me explain later." Neil said. He treated me like I was his sister. I always like that.

"Angel." Pete said solemnly.

"What Pete?"

"Your hands..." he looked into my eyes." Their..bleeding."

~~~~~

They explained everything to me. The guards were Abason's. I also found out Abason was a prince, but I think he already told me that.. He finally figured out my name, Angel, that was all Neil's fault for yelling it out loud. The two other boys were Daven and Roylin. They both told me they were from another village in the woods. Just like us, they were adventuring outside in the woods. Their village was interestingly actually pretty close to us in the woods.

It wasn't long after the misunderstanding that we began playing with each other leaving the event behind as a connection to one another. All seven of us became instant friends as if we were meant to meet.

Finding each other and all trying to piece the story together, we talked about all our adventures today. However, night was to come and we had to depart our ways. We told each other that we should meet again at that field. It was so much fun for all of us. It was a memory that we would never want to erase.

During the whole time Pete and Neil were bragging on and on at their what happened. Neil and Pete's stories seemed to be exaggerated, especially Pete's. Once he mentioned a part with the hawk, I then knew he was exaggerating.

Anyways, everyone laughed and told him to stop making up stuff, but he seemed strong on his details. He kept insisting, then he would asked me, "Angel, at least do you believe me?" What could I say? He knew I was the kind type of girl, but to me it was kinda absurd. But his eyes. You just could not think right when he begins looking at you with those puppy eyes. I just had no right to hurt his feelings.

I ended up 'believing' him. Well, almost all of it. Other than that, I didn't mention the parts I didn't believe. Something about guys, they all seem to brag about themselves whenever their around a girl. It didn't even matter if they liked you or not; they just want to prove which one was smarter, stronger, or whatever.

I found it quite annoying. At least that's what I told myself. But I knew otherwise that I enjoyed their enthusiasm. I was more impressed at myself for 'I don't know.' Actually, I guess I was just impressed in myself because I took the cut in my hand pretty well. Nothing big. Just small. It was a blast. I just never ever want to forget that day.

~~~~~

I went home that day. I'm glad I did. It was already sunset; most of the sun disappeared when I got home. I ran towards the village once it came into view ,and I saw my parents with Neil's and Pete's parents right in front of the house. When they saw us, their faces were stained with tears, but smiles grew on their faces when they saw us. They ran as we ran towards them and when we were close, reflexed arms opened to take us in. I hugged my parents. Tight. My mom was sobbing as she gripped me in her arms as she gripped hard in return. I didn't mind. No words were said, about why we were late. All of us were just glad we made it home.

I went into my house, and limped my exhausted body on the bed. What a day..

"Honey." my dad entered my room," Do you want some food?"

"Oh yes, thank you." I just laid there not moving one muscle.

"You have to go eat it downstairs.." he joked. His grinning smile came.

He left my room and I walked down the stairs and got a good whiff of the food.

"Hmm..what's for dinner?" I looked for the source.

"We're having venison, hon'. We had this yesterday." mom placed the wooden spoons and forks on the table.

"Oh," I smiled. I must be really hungry..

After dinner, I went back upstairs and jumped unto my bed and sighed. I got up to open the window lid above my head so I could smell the fresh forest air and gaze at the night sky. I looked up at the silver white moon. It was smiling at me. The stars twinkled around it like little ballerinas performing for the king. My eyes began to flutter to sleep, but they opened they next second.

Oh, I almost forgot to pray. I was probably so exhausted I almost forgot.

I kneeled next to my bed. "God, thanks for taking care of me. Like the moon has its phases, and I can't see all of it at times, it's like my life. But I trust you with it. Thanks for bringing me home safely. Father, thank you for the family you gave me." I turned my head to look at the window on my left to see the big tree house of the Fates. "Please help the princess. I know she doesn't have a family, but Father please comfort her. It must hurt so much. What she had to go through. What all of us at NewBegin had to go through. Strengthen us." A tear dropped down my face as I looked at the big tree house once again. "God, use me to do good. Amen."

I went back on my bed and pulled my cover up to my neck. "Good night Father."

With that, my eyes shut and night swallowed up my surroundings.