Discussion

He opened the door seconds later. "Hey. Don't run away while I'm trying to talk to you." I huddled into the corner.

"Just don't hurt me ok? Please. I'm sorry." I begged and closed my eyes, waiting for the pain. He grabbed my arm tightly, possibly bruising me in the process. "Ow! Dad!" I cried out.

"Don't you dare run away from me." He pulled me up and into a hug. I cried into his chest. "I'm not gonna hit you. Can we just talk? Please." I nodded and we sat down on a bench in the cabin.

"How could you? How could you accuse me of stealing from you? Especially alcohol. I don't drink, I'm not 21, and I didn't ask permission. I would never drink illegally without your permission and I would never steal from you, Jared. Why would I, and how could you accuse me of that? You thought I had issues with trust yet you don't trust me enough to ask me first and not talk to Gen about how I'm gonna regret it in the morning. How's that fair?" I snapped. It was so unfair how he had been treating me.

"I'm sorry I accused you. I didn't think there was any way that Jensen could have taken it without me seeing and you were the only other person who would have been able to reach it. It seemed logical in that sense. I didn't want to believe that you did that but it was the only explanation."

"Why would you want to hurt me though? You've been so nice and swear up and down that you will never hurt me but I was gonna regret it in the morning."

"I wasn't going to hurt you. I was going to ground you and give you a serious talking to but I was never going to hit you. I get why you're scared but how could you honestly say I wanted to kill you? You told me that you thought I was going to that next morning. I understand taking the conversation with Gen to mean me hitting you but you really think I'd kill you? Come on, that's just crazy. That's cruel for you to even think that. You really think I hate you to the point of wanting you dead? I love you more than you think is possible."

"No you don't, Jared. You don't love me. If you loved me, you would have talked to me about the wine missing, not accuse me behind my back and then talk about making me regret it. You would have searched for me regardless of my note, not left me alone for a week. You would have made sure I knew you loved me, not continue to send me angry texts. Nothing you've done in the past week has lead me to believe that you ever loved me. It's gonna take a lot to change that." I replied.

"What do you want me to say? I never should have accused you and I should have talked about it first. I was searching. I had friends searching all day every day around my property to find you. I had a few check the city too in case you called a cab. I didn't think you'd walk this far. I was mad at the time when I was texting so I didn't say I loved you. I should have and I'm sorry. If I didn't love you, you'd know. I never would have adopted you, I wouldn't hug you goodnight, I wouldn't call you a daughter, I wouldn't bring you with me when I filmed, I wouldn't let you around the boys, I would beat you every day, and so much more. I love you, Sarah. I still do and I never stopped. I made a mistake and I'm sorry. Will you come back home? Please?" He urged. He seemed sincere.

"Why? So you can trick me into staying there with you where the real beating will take place? Because there's no thrill unless Gen is there right?"

"Sarah, stop." He urged as tears fell down his own face. The crack in his voice made me stop. "Look, I know you've been abused in the past and your mom stood and watched as you were helplessly beaten, but I would think you'd know by now that I'm not like that. I would never dream of hurting you. Ever. Please, come home."

"One condition."

"Anything."

"If I come back, if there's ever anything you think I did that you're mad about, you talk to me ok? No accusing me." I required.

"Ok. I promise." He replied. I got in the car with him and we headed back. "Sarah, I really am sorry." I just nodded. "Will you ever call me dad again?"

"I don't know yet. I'm thinking about it." I replied. "When we get home, I'm gonna want to just be alone ok? No offense to you but I need time to collect my thoughts and think about what you said. And I need to rest with some pain medicine for my arm."

"Ok." We got back and Jared took me to my room and told everyone to leave me alone. "Come out when you're ready." I nodded and he left.

I laid there and thought. I said some things that were out of line. I said some things he didn't deserve to hear. Suddenly there was a knock on the door. Gen came in. "Hey sweetie."

"I'm sorry I left but I had every reason to. You stood up for me when talking to Jared and I appreciate it, but I still felt like I had every reason to leave."

"I get it. It did sound like he was going to hit you. He didn't mean it that way but I get what you heard. I'm not mad, just glad you're safe and ok."

"Thanks, mom. Can you send him in?"

"Of course." Jared walked in soon after.

"You wanted to talk?" He asked. I nodded. Tears fell and his caring side showed again. "Sarah, what's wrong?"

"I'm sorry." I cried out.

"Why?"

"I said some things that were really out of line and I never should have. I said I thought you'd hit me, wanted me dead, don't love me, and just everything. I was mad and I shouldn't have said what I did. I should have stayed here and taken what I thought would be a beating like a kid and just let you do it. I know you love me and don't want me dead. What you don't get though is that I was beaten day after day for years by different people. I've never heard you as mad as you were when you were talking to Gen. I know you'd never hurt me but with that much anger, I thought you would. I'm sorry. I'm sorry I ran away, I'm sorry I yelled, I'm sorry I was mean in my texts, I'm sorry you probably don't love me as much anymore, and I'm sorry I stopped calling you dad." I was now in a fit of sobs. I was freaking out and couldn't stop crying. He came over and wrapped me in a tight hug.

"Shh. Shh. Relax. It's ok. I was just so worried about you. I understand why you left. If I thought a parent was going to beat me in the morning, I would want to get out too. You were mad and yelled and were mean back to me but that's how life goes. You say things you don't mean when you're upset. I know you stopped calling me dad and I know I deserved it. I was a jerk and a horrible dad and I'm sorry. I love you so much. You're ok and home and safe and that's all I care about."

"I love you, dad. I never stopped. I have one question though."

"What's that, honey?"

"Can I have something to eat? I haven't had anything since lunch yesterday. I called Jensen to bring me money today and that's when he called you about the wine too." I replied.

"Of course I'll get you food. Sorry I made you have to call Jensen." We went out to the kitchen and I scarfed down a sandwich. I kept getting approached by his search party friends asking if I was ok. I spoke up.

"Everyone, I appreciate the concern but I'm fine and happy to be home. Can we cool it with the questions please?" Everyone nodded in understanding before murmuring to themselves and eventually leaving. That left just Jared, Gen, Jensen, and Danneel. The boys and JJ were playing in the boys' rooms.