What's the Story?

"So, in terms of publicity, what's the story gonna be?" I asked Jared. "Someone is bound to see us together when you're filming and stuff."

"What do you want the story to be?" He asked.

"The truth unless that's not possible."

"I have an idea, but if you're not ok with it, we won't do it."

"What is it?" I asked.

"There's a convention coming up in a couple months. You'll be with me anyways plus I bring my family to begin with. What if you told everyone there what the true story is. You can sit in with Jensen and I too. Everyone has seen your character now and you might get questions too." He suggested.

"I don't know. I don't really talk in front of people."

"Jensen and I will help you. If you get stuck, we'll fill in the gaps." He assured me.

"Ok. We can do that. Have Misha livestream me talking about it. A lot of people can't make it to conventions." He nodded in agreement. We watched tv until it got late.

"I'm gonna go ahead and sleep." I told them.

"Us too. We have a semi early flight tomorrow. We leave at 9."

"Ok. Just get me up whenever." I replied with a chuckle.

"Ok. Goodnight."

"Goodnight mom. Goodnight dad." I went to sleep with a smile on my face.

Time flew by and Jared was filming again. I was having trouble landing jobs so I just kinda hung around. They don't like having family or visitors around on set much because it distracts the actors so I spent a lot of time bored in the apartment. I was chilling on the couch one day when I got a random text.

Is this Sarah?

Who is this?

Hailey the motorcycle girl from the competition

How did you get my number? I asked

I found your brother and called him. Listen, I need to talk to you. Can I call you?

I guess. She called me.

"Hello?"

"Hey. It's me, Hailey."

"Hey. What's so urgent that you need to tell me? Not that I'm not glad to hear from you, but I don't want my number circulating again."

"I know who has been sending the threats. They have seen you with Jared and want to expose you for being a fraud in the competition and want to accuse you of being with Jared and taking him from Gen. I know you aren't sleeping with him. I know you guys are friends. They're gonna do it at the convention next weekend."

"How do I know you aren't the one doing it? Why have you waited this long to speak up?"

"Because I wanted to get all the info and find out what she was doing. She confided in me and I kept it that way so I could inform you. It's the girl who got the most items. She hates you for it."

"Look, things are complicated right now. I'm not just Jared's friend. I'm now his daughter. Long story, but he adopted me. I'll talk to him about it. You swear you aren't involved?" I asked.

"I swear. You can ask me for any info you want and I'll give it to you."

"I believe you. Don't mention the daughter stuff to anyone ok? We're announcing it at the convention."

"Ok. My lips are sealed. I swear." We hung up and I sat back down on the couch. I sent Jared a text.

Hey, instead of going out to eat, can we do something here for dinner? We've got some stuff to talk about. New issues have come up.

Yeah that's fine. Are you ok?

Yeah. I'll be fine. How long until you're off?

Another hour or so. I'll be back as soon as I can.

Ok.

Jared finished up and came back to the apartment. "Hey. Everything ok?"

"Not really."

"What's going on?" He sat next to me on the couch.

"Two things. First off, I got a phone call. I know who is sending the threats and they are planning on taking it further."

"Who and what are they planning?"

"The girl who got the most items in the competition. She wants to expose me at the convention. She is going to expose me for supposedly rigging the competition and she wants to tell everyone that I'm sleeping with you and stealing you from Gen."

"Sarah, I'm so sorry. Who told you this?"

"The motorcycle girl I met that week. She isn't lying and she isn't doing it." He nodded.

"Before I answer and figure out what we're gonna do, what's the second thing?" I shook my head and tears fell. "What is it?" I wrapped him in a hug. He rubbed my back as I cried.

"I miss you. I'm here bored all day and I never see you and I feel alone all the time and I just miss you like crazy every day and most times, you come home super late and we go straight to bed and I never see you anymore. Family and stuff are too distracting to have on set but I never see you, dad. I see mom and the boys more than I see you and I'm video chatting them yet I'm physically here with you. Most days it's only morning and goodnight." I ranted out. "Sorry. I shouldn't be upset. This is your job."

"Sarah, I'm sorry."

"I know it's your job, and I'm really happy you get to play Sam all the time, but I miss you."

"Listen, I'm sorry I've been coming home so late. That's not the show's fault. It's mine. See, I'm worried about the convention next weekend and I've been trying to figure out if having you tell the world who you are and that you're my daughter is the best thing for you or not. Work has gotten tough- lots of hours, lots of shooting the same scenes over and over to try to get it right, lots of wanting a break that I don't get, all while trying to do what's best for you and make time for Gen and the boys as well. It's getting tough, Sarah. Now hearing that someone is going to attack you this weekend, I'm just not really sure what to do. I'm not trying to neglect you or make you feel like I don't care. I do care but I'm sure me saying that doesn't mean anything. I've just got a lot going on." He stated sadly and softly.

"Dad, I get it. I know you care. I just wish I had more time to be with you. You can't control that and you have a lot on your mind and I understand. Look, why don't I put a pizza in the oven and we can just relax?" He nodded. I put the pizza in then texted Gen.

Hey, can you check in on dad? He's acting a lot more worried and upset than usual.

Yeah of course.

"Who are you texting?"

"Mom. Just checking in." He nodded in agreement. We ate our dinner then he sat fairly silent on the couch. He got a text from Gen telling him to call her.

"Hey. Uh. Gen wants to talk. I'll be back in a sec." I nodded and he left the room.