Moving

After months of filming, we were finally done. It was time for the guys to go back home to their families. I was sitting in my room at Jared's while he was packing up. He thought I was packing but I was too upset to do anything. I texted Stephen.

So are you still at home? Is it still unsafe? I need to know like ASAP.

Um, I actually moved in with a girlfriend. I didn't think you'd come back due to the threats. Maybe you can find a friend? I'm sorry. I'm not trying to ditch you. I just had to get out of there.

Ok

Jared knocked on my door soon after. He walked in. "Hey, are you rea- why aren't you packed? We've gotta get going if I'm gonna make my flight and get you a ticket back home."

"Go ahead without me, Jared. It doesn't matter." I stated.

"Sarah, what's wrong?"

"Nothing. Everything is absolutely fantastic." I replied sarcastically. He called Gen.

"Hey. I might be late or not make it tonight. There's some stuff going on with Sarah that I need to help sort out. I'll let you know more later. Ok? I'm sorry. Love you too."

"Jared, go. Gen and the boys need you."

"Sarah, just talk to me. Why are you upset?"

"Because my brother moved in with his girlfriend since he didn't think I was coming back. I have nowhere to go."

"What about your parents?" He asked gently.

"I don't have any. My brother and I lived in an orphanage pretty much our whole lives. Once he turned 18, we got out and I've lived with him ever since." I explained.

"I'm sorry. I didn't know. Do you have any friends at home?"

"Not that I still talk to or know well enough."

"Ok. Listen, pack your bags and I'm gonna go make a couple phone calls. We'll figure this out. I packed my bags then heard a semi-heated conversation. It just sounded like he was arguing. "Babe, I'm sorry. She's a nice person and if I didn't trust her being around the kids, I wouldn't even be asking. You met her on the video chat. I promise there is nothing going on between us and she is safe to be around the kids." He assured her. "Ok. Ok. Thank you. I love you. I'll let you know what happens with tickets." He came out of his room and saw me standing there with tears threatening to fall. "Sarah, I-"

"It's fine. My bags are packed. Let's go." We headed out and Jared didn't push further. We managed to both get tickets on another flight and they didn't charge him much for changing tickets at the last minute. We were on the plane when I spoke up. "So, Gen doesn't want me coming?"

"It's not that she doesn't want you coming it's that she doesn't know you and she's letting you around the boys. To her you're kind of just a fan. She's just worried that there's something else going on." He explained.

"Then why are you taking me? Why aren't you making me fly back home?"

"Because she agreed that I have good judgement and that she trusts me. You're my friend, Sarah. You may be about 16 years younger than me, but you are my friend. I wouldn't send you to go live on the streets. Just relax. Everything will work out." I nodded and slept the whole plane ride. We drove from the airport to his house and I promised I wouldn't share his address to anyone. We walked in and Gen put on a fake happy face at seeing me.

"Gen, you don't have to pretend to be happy around me. I know you're skeptical and I don't blame you. I'm just a random fan to you." She let her smile drop some.

"I'm just trying to make sure the kids are safe."

"I get it. I promise you I would never do anything to hurt the boys. Or you for that matter." She nodded.

"Gen, will you show her to the guest room while I go see the boys?"

"Sure."

"I just want to say I'm sorry." I spoke up as we went to the room. "I wouldn't have come stay here if I had a choice. Everything about my life screams that I'm a crazy psycho fan, but I promise I'm not. I don't have anywhere to go because my brother moved. My parents don't exist. I don't have any money because my brother needed it all for the only car we have. I'm homeless, broke, and scared for my life. I know that makes me crazy. Just know I'm sorry for the inconvenience."

"I don't think you're psycho, I just don't know you very well and we only let family or really close friends stay here or be with the kids."

"I get it. I'll stay away from the boys while I'm here if you want."

"You don't have to stay away from them, just make sure at least for a while that you are with them only if one of us is in the room."

"Got it." We walked back out to the boys and Jared.

"Hey, boys. Do you remember Sarah?" Jared asked them. They both nodded. "She's staying with us for a while." Both of the boys looked happy. We all sat around and hung out for a while.

Weeks passed and the boys were really taking a liking to me. "Sarah?" Shep asked as he tugged on my pants.

"Yeah bud?"

"Book?"

"You want me to read to you?" He nodded. He sat on the couch with me and I read to him. I caught sight of Jared and Gen standing at the entrance to the room with smiles on their faces, but didn't comment on their presence. After I finished the book, I had Shep meet the tickle monster. We were both in a fit of giggles and that's when Jared and Gen walked in.

"Sounds like you're having fun." Gen commented.

"Yeah." I replied. We all sat around and watched tv.

"Hey, so they start airing episode 1 tomorrow. Do you want to come with us to Jensen's to watch with them?"

"I don't want to impede on your family stuff."

"It's not impeding. We'd love for you to come." Jared replied. Gen nodded in agreement.

"Ok. Then I'd love to."