Finals

"Hey, congrats. You made it. Why does your elbow hurt?" He asked.

"I jammed it into the bowling pin." I explained.

"Gotcha. Well, tomorrow is less physical. Who knows, maybe you'll finish first tomorrow."

"Doubt it. I barely finished today. I'm not gonna win. It would be a dream come true, but it's probably not gonna happen." I replied.

"Don't be so sure. You might win. Don't give up." I nodded and got my ice pack from the nurse. I went back to where everyone was and waited to hear more from Misha.

"Great effort today everyone!" He told us once everyone was done. "Many of you completed the course. Out of the 20 of you, 12 of you finished in 20 minutes or less. One of you was injured on the course and I just want to say that it was not our intention to get any of you hurt and this was in fact, a safe course." I nodded at Misha so he would know I understood. "Go ahead and get some rest and be ready for tomorrow. To those of you who did not make it in time, be assured that you may remain in contact with us after you leave. You were all selected to participate and we want to remain in touch with you." We all left to our rooms and settled in for the night.

"How did you make it in time? We heard them pause then restart the time. You can see everyone's time when they go from outside." One of the other girls in my cabin asked.

"I went first so they subtracted 2 seconds off because of the pressure of going first." I explained. She understood and everyone went to sleep soon after.

"Good morning everyone!" Misha hollered.

"Morning, Misha!" We hollered back.

"Ok. The finals work differently than the normal run. I don't give you instructions on how it must be done, but only what must be done. You are on a scavenger hunt. It takes place in the basement." He led us to the basement. "There are supernatural themed items all over. If you go to the upper level, you are disqualified. The person to come back with the most items, wins. We have discretionary points, but that's the basic premise. Now, begin!" We all scampered around opening every door we could. I opened one that led outside. I thought I was being clever and knew that outside didn't mean upper level so I went out, finding one item. I tried to get back in, but all the doors were locked. I pounded and no one would let me in. I went back in the front hoping that they wouldn't notice and disqualify me. I couldn't seem to find the basement again.

"Well, what do I do now?" I asked myself. "Jared! I could use some help here!" No reply. I got on the ride from the first run from yesterday hoping it would lead me to the basement or close to it. It didn't work. I ended up searching by myself for about an hour. This restaurant was way bigger than it looked. I ended up asking a waitress and she pointed me in the right direction. I wandered but did eventually find it. No one was there and I was alone with my one item. Misha, Jared, and Jensen were nowhere to be found. I was so frustrated that I shouted "Gah!! I hate Misha for designing this and Jared and Jensen for not helping me when I asked!" I turned around and came face to face with all 3 of them.