Book Rant Three- Random and Repetitive Plot and Episode

Does anyone have the app Episode? It's basically an app similar to Wattpad, except you (to some degree) control the story, and it's animated.

That might seem completely random, but it will make sense in a bit.

So I was on there, reading a story. The plot was so-so. It was cute, but a little too similar to a lot of other ones on the app.

As I began reading my daily three chapters, (you normally get two daily, but one day I got three and its stayed that way), I realized that now the plot seemed kind of random. Too much is happening at once. And it's kind of repeating itself. It also has Insta-love to some degree.

So basically, the plot was about a girl who had a former celebrity move next to her because the moms were friends or something. The teenagers we attracted to each other and all that stuff. The mom's dad comes down with a sickness in California, so the mom flies out and plans to stay there for two years, taking care of him. So the girl who is 17 is going to be living with the former pop star and his mom. The pop star's mom has to go on some business trip so it's just the teens left.

Next day, teens go to school where the main character, (we will call her State, because her name is a state) and the pop star (we can call him Ethan because I can't remember his name, so I can't make up a fake name for him) and realize they share a class together.( I am changing names for the author's privacy reasons.)

This is where things get weird.

The teacher swears and yells at the class, calling every student names and such. State takes out her cell phone and records it. She shows it to the principal who fires the teacher.

Next Chapter, there is an earthquake. The school, house, and pretty much the whole town is destroyed. The students are to live at a camp. There Ethan is hit on by State's enemy Emerald. Emerald and State get paired up for a scavenger hunt, where in the wood, Emerald beats up State. State somehow records this and shows it to the principal.

Skip ahead a few chapters.

Now this is where things get really weird.

State is walking around somewhere and she is kidnapped! By Emerald! Who locks her in a former hospital. There State sees her long lost brother Bob. Bob had been kidnapped 10 years ago and presumed dead. She was glad to see him, but was still stuck in the abandoned hospital. Then Ethan rescues her and Bob! Emerald is taken away by the authorities.

State calls her mom telling her that Bob is alive! Her mom comes back. State's sister is also suddenly introduced around here. They are glad he is back.

Time Skip

Mom has flown back to California and Ethan's mom goes with her (I think).

After a steamy shower scene with Ethan, State makes cookies. She falls asleep while the cookies are in the oven. There is a fire and State is badly injured and in a coma.

After she wakes up, they have their home restored.

Time Skip.

All the sudden State gets a call saying her sister was found dead. Even though she had been murdered, Ethan and his brother (who appeared during the time skip and has feelings for State) as well as Bob say she died of drug overdose. Then their mom comes home very sad. Then they get a call saying that their dad killed the sister! The mom, grief stricken, disowns her family and and runs away, not to be seen again.

Time Skip

Apparently, the dad was framed, but his family doesn't know this.

Time Skip

Ethan gets a call that threatens State. He is very worried because by niw they have said they love each other. It's chapter 21.

I stopped reading the story around here. Why?

It was getting way to random, and it seemed like the Main Character was constantly getting kidnapped, beaten up, or ending up in a hospital. It just got boring.

Don't make your plot all over the place, throwing in as many plot twists as possible. It's not suspenseful anymore. It's just boring. If you do plot twists, won't make it where the main character is ending up in a hospital or kidnapped. The story was cute at first, but got too random for me.

I also recently found out that the author is eleven years old. It said in her comments section.

So yeah, there is Book Rant Three! I know it's not much of a rant, or about books, but I still felt it was random.

I apologize if I offended you

-Ayden